ScopeBack to top of page ↑
This statement applies to the Digital Marketplace https://marketplace.service.gov.au managed by the DTA.
The DTA is an Australian Government entity. Information about contacting the DTA can be found at https://www.dta.gov.au/contact/.
This statement tells you how we collect and use personal information in the Digital Marketplace.
We respect and protect the privacy of our users and comply with the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). This privacy statement applies to all the publicly accessible pages on the Digital Marketplace. Responsibility for the privacy policies or practices of third party sites, linked to the Digital Marketplace, is beyond the control of the Commonwealth.
Personal informationBack to top of page ↑
The term 'personal information' in this privacy statement means any information from which a person’s identity is apparent or can be reasonably identified.
We do not share personal information with anyone, including other government agencies, unless:
- the individual has given permission
- is necessary to provide you with a service that you have requested
- is required or authorised by law or permitted under Australian Privacy Principle 6
FeedbackBack to top of page ↑
If you contact us to ask questions, raise problems, or give feedback, or 'contact us' from any of our pages, we will collect the email address you provide and any other identifying information you include, such as a name or phone number for the purposes of responding to your feedback or request.
Application logsBack to top of page ↑
Information is recorded about your visit to the Digital Marketplace. This includes:
- IP (Internet Protocol) address of the machine from which you accessed the Digital Marketplace
- Date and time of your visit to the site
- Pages you accessed and documents you downloaded
- Previous website you visited
- Type of browser and operating system you have used.
And when you login to the site:
- A unique identifier for your account
- Which pages you visit and the date and time of access
- Any information you enter, for example: name, email and other contact details
Collection of user informationBack to top of page ↑
The following personal information is collected for the purposes of provision of the Digital Marketplace service.
For users from government buyer entities we collect:
- Your email address
- Your name (first name and surname)
- Whether you are a government employee
- Your manager’s name - first name and surname
- Your manager’s email address first name and surname
- Whether your manager is a government employee
- Details of the organisation where you and your manager are employed
- Password of the applicant buyer accessing the Digital Marketplace
- ABN of your Agency
As a buyer, you and your manager’s name and email addresses are not shared with sellers. However, the Digital Marketplace will retain your contact details in case we need to get in touch with you about a requirements brief that you have published on the Digital Marketplace.
From seller entities (and their users) we collect and publish to all site visitors:
- Business name
- Business summary
From seller entities (and their users) we collect and publish to all registered buyers:
- Business name
- Business summary
- Name, email address and phone number from your authorised representative and additional business contacts.
- Business addresses
- Website links
- Estimated number of employees
- Business self-identification information
- Tools, methodologies and technologies
- Accreditations, industry engagement information and awards
- Services you offer
- Products you offer
- Case studies
- Insurance documents
For seller entities we may also collect for the purposes of assessment and research additional information that is not published on the Digital Marketplace:
- Whether the seller has worked with government before
- Legal disclosures
- Financial statements
- References to verify case studies
Survey questionsBack to top of page ↑
DTA may from time to time survey buyers and sellers about the Digital Marketplace. The purpose of use of this information will be communicated in that survey correspondence. Unless otherwise noted, all personal information collected during a survey will be stored securely and will not be disclosed publicly.
How we deal with complaints and requests
At no cost you can:
- request access to personal information about you that we hold
- ask us to correct your personal information if you find that it is not accurate, up-to-date or complete
- make a complaint about our handling of your personal information.
You can contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We undertake to respond within 30 days. If the request or complaint will take longer to resolve, we will provide you with a date by which we expect to respond.
How we protect your personal informationBack to top of page ↑
This site is hosted in Australia in secure, government accredited facilities. To help protect the privacy of data and personal information we collect and hold, we maintain physical, technical and administrative safeguards.
Access to your personal information is restricted to personnel employed by the Digital Transformation Agency who need it to provide services to you. We will not disclose your personal information to overseas recipients.
Website analyticsBack to top of page ↑
Our website uses a range of analytics services which send website traffic data to servers offshore. These services do not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by the company for other purposes. We use reports provided by analytics providers to help us understand website traffic and webpage usage.
Updated: 22 February 2017