Only invited sellers can apply for an 'Open to one' or 'Open to selected' opportunity.
Learn more about Open to selected opportunities.Sign in to continue
This opportunity is closed for applications.
The deadline was Wednesday 28 February 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Opportunity ID
- Deadline for asking questions
- Friday 23 February 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Closing date for applications
- Wednesday 28 February 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Wednesday 21 February 2018
Write a summary of your brief The Business Intelligence Analyst is responsible for supporting the Senior Business Intelligence Analyst to support the design, implementation and delivery of Business Intelligence into Workforce analytics data via Tableau technology, to support the agency's workforce strategies
What is the latest start date?
How long is the contract? Three (3) months
Where can the work take place?
New South Wales
Who will the specialist work for?
Australian Transaction Reports and Analysis Centre (AUSTRAC)
How much can you spend per day? Sellers are encouraged to submit quality candidates at a competitive hourly rate (inclusive of GST)
About the work
Who will the specialist work with? The Business Intelligence Analyst will work with the Senior Business Intelligence Analyst, including to support discussion with AUSTRAC's Workforce Intelligence Team which consists of representatives from most branches, including both business and technical staff
What will the specialist do? Support the Senior Business Intelligence Analyst by:
• Working with technical stakeholders to collect data from source systems;
• Scripting for statistical analysis and modelling;
• Designing and developing dashboards and visualisations in Tableau;
• Presenting insights and recommendations to senior stakeholders.
Any additional relevant information?
Where will the work take place? AUSTRAC’s Chatswood offices, Sydney, New South Wales.
What are the working arrangements? Contractors will be required to work onsite full time, 8 hours a day, 5 days per week.
If the resultant contract is for 12 months or allows for extensions which would make the contract longer than 12 months, Specified Personnel can only perform the contracted services for a maximum of 48 weeks in any 52 week period unless otherwise agreed in writing with the Contract Manager.
Is security clearance required? Current Commonwealth Government BASELINE security clearance an advantage, otherwise the ability to obtain one in a timely manner.
Additional terms and conditions The contractors will be required to declare any conflicts of interest if any exist, are likely to arise or arise during the course of the contract. The Specified Personnel will be required to sign a personal confidentiality undertaking and will be required to comply with AUSTRAC policies regarding conduct, financial management and security or any other polices advised to the contractors during the course of their engagement or as set out in the contract with AUSTRAC.
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate sellers’ technical competence.
Essential skills and experience
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science, Engineering or other numeric discipline
- 3+ years of experience as a Business Intelligence Analyst
- Expert knowledge of Tableau Desktop and Server products
- SQL experience, knowledge of Oracle, SQL Server, Greenplum, Elastic and Hadoop platforms desirable
- Knowledge of data warehouse design, ETL development and Talend application
- Business Intelligence analysis competency is critical to the outputs of the role
- Good analytical skills including segmentation, cohort, time series and regression modelling
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Nice-to-have skills and experience
Ideally experience in ConnX; JIRA; Meridian and Technology One / Finance One
How sellers will be evaluated
How many specialists will you evaluate?
- Motivated and dilligent in getting tasks completed on time
- Self managing and listen to desired outcomes
- Honest and high integrity
- Work as a team with our organisation and other sellers
- Transparent and collaborative when making decisions
- Have a no-blame culture and encourage people to learn from their mistakes
Area of expertise
Data science and management
How will you verify the specialist is right for the role?
- Work history
How will you evaluate the specialists?
|Seller question||Buyer answer|
|1. Could some of the work associated with this project be conducted from Austrac's Canberra Office?||No, the positions needs to be located in our Sydney offices - where our HR and IT staff are located.|