This opportunity is closed for applications.
The deadline was Monday 26 February 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Opportunity ID
- Deadline for asking questions
- Monday 19 February 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Closing date for applications
- Monday 26 February 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Monday 12 February 2018
Write a summary of your brief We’re looking for SEO consultancy services to upskill and coach our publishing, web and content teams, and provide quality assurance on the beta education.gov.au site being delivered in June 2018.
What is the latest start date?
How long is the contract? 7 days effort - spread over the period March - June
Where can the work take place?
Australian Capital Territory
Who will the specialist work for?
Department of Education and Training
How much can you spend per day? $1500 per day
About the work
Who will the specialist work with? You will provide training and coaching to the Digital Strategy and Publishing Team, web team and content team in the Communications Branch.
What will the specialist do? •Two training workshops to upskill existing teams:
-detailed explanation of SEO and its value
-set staff up to be self-proficient in handling SEO
-introduce suitable SEO tools and how to use them
-develop practical step-by-step guides for use by the teams
-help team create an SEO plan going forward based on team goals
-suited to teams managing and administering websites and content
• Ongoing coaching April to June (up to three days).
• SEO Quality Assurance check on beta education.gov.au, including documented results and recommended changes
• Ensure alignment with the Digital Transformation Agency Digital Service Standard.
Any additional relevant information? We’re reviewing education.gov.au to make it easier for the public to find information and services online with a focus on reducing calls to the department contact centre.
Before making a call, almost half of callers to the department contact centre try to find what they need on education.gov.au. Seventy percent (70%) of those couldn’t find the information even though it’s in digital format. Additionally, a small number of users don’t understand the information. Under 20% of users call the contact centre because the information they found online didn’t meet their needs.
We’ve formed a new information architecture and our UX design, content planning and strategy development is underway. We’ll soon work with subject matter experts in the business areas to rewrite content.
Where will the work take place? 50 Marcus Clarke Street,
Canberra, ACT, 2601
What are the working arrangements? Onsite for face to face delivery of workshops and outcomes of Quality Assurance checks.
Is security clearance required? Baseline preferred (Policy check as a minimum)
Additional terms and conditions There is no allowance to provide airfare and subsistence for the selected supplier.
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate sellers’ technical competence.
Essential skills and experience
- Demonstrated, high level expertise in the SEO field and practical knowledge of SEO tools
- Proven, high level skills, knowledge and experience in best practice link strategy and development, keyword strategy and research, HTML semantics, and writing for SEO
- Demonstrated experience coaching and mentoring teams in SEO.
- Demonstrated understanding of applying SEO in a government environment and/or understanding of the unique needs and limitations of government digital estates
- Demonstrated, high level communication skills and experience leading training workshops, and high level writing skills to create expert ‘step-by-step’ guides that are easily implementable in the team
- Demonstrated high level expertise in providing SEO Quality Assurance reviews, and resulting recommendations and findings
- Must be an Australian citizen
Nice-to-have skills and experience
How sellers will be evaluated
How many specialists will you evaluate?
- Work as a team with our organisation
- Be transparent and collaborative
- Effective communication and facilitation skills
- Uphold the standards of employees of the Australian Government
Area of expertise
Content and publishing
How will you verify the specialist is right for the role?
- Work history
How will you evaluate the specialists?
|Seller question||Buyer answer|
|1. Due to the time frame of the role - Would there be capacity for a contract extension, or further work in the future?||Currently there is no expectation to extend or increase this contract.|
|2. How many people will be attending the training? A rough number will be sufficient.||Approximately 12 people in total will need to be trained|
|3. How long should the workshops be?||We’ll be guided by the SEO specialist but estimate about 6 hours each day. Please assume no prior SEO knowledge of participants.|
|4. How is SEO currently handled? Is this an upskilling exercise (i.e taking over the management of SEO from an external contractor and bringing it in-house), or is SEO already managed in-house?||There is no SEO expertise or focus in the team at present.|
|5. Which SEO tools do you already use, if any? Also what CMS do you use?||No SEO tools at present other than Google Analytics capabilities (which may not have been configured for SEO purposes). education.gov.au is in Drupal CMS.|
|6. Will preference be given to a consultancy with baseline clearance even if they clear the police check?||Baseline Clearance is preferred but not required.|
|7. Will the successful consultancy have access to the new IA, UX Design and content planning?||Yes, we are in the process of finalising these artefacts.|
Interested in this opportunity?
Before you can apply for this opportunity, you need to:
- Register to join the Marketplace.
- Submit a case study and pricing for Content and Publishing and check your documents are up-to-date.
- Request an assessment of your case study for Content and Publishing.