This opportunity is closed for applications.
The deadline was Friday 9 February 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Opportunity ID
- Deadline for asking questions
- Tuesday 6 February 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Closing date for applications
- Friday 9 February 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Friday 2 February 2018
Write a summary of your brief Provide security architecture services to various projects within the Border Clearance Program. Involves analysis, design and documentation of security aspects of the solution.
What is the latest start date?
How long is the contract? Until 30 June then an option for 12 month extension
Where can the work take place?
Australian Capital Territory
Who will the specialist work for?
Department of Home Affairs
How much can you spend per day?
About the work
Who will the specialist work with? Staff and contractors working in the Border Management Programme within the Department of Home Affairs
What will the specialist do? Ensure security aspects of Border Management projects are considered, managed effectively and properly documented. This in turn will support the succesful achievement of programme outcomes. The objectives include delivery of Programme capabilities including Traveller, Cargo and Trade initiatives. These capabilities will be delivered over the next 1-3 years.
Any additional relevant information?
Where will the work take place? Civic or Belconnen, ACT
What are the working arrangements? Full time - 5 days a week
Is security clearance required? Baseline as a mimimum
Additional terms and conditions
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate sellers’ technical competence.
Essential skills and experience
- 5+ years experience in ICT security architecture and design
- Extensive and demonstrated experience in the design of security measures for business systems and integration technologies in Federal Government or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience in defining and documenting ICT security architectures
- Proven knowledge and experience in security threat modelling, security requirements gathering and security analysis
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, including advanced influencing and negotiation skills
- Ability to cultivate productive working relationships
- Specified Personnel must hold a current Australian Government Security Clearance (AGSVA) or be willing to undergo and obtain an AGSVA clearance (Baseline clearance as a minimum)
- Specified Personnel must be willing to undergo and obtain an Employment Suitability Clearance (ESC)
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Experience with Border Clearance Systems
- Experience with Biometric Technologies
How sellers will be evaluated
How many specialists will you evaluate?
- Work as a team with our organisation and other sellers
- Transparent and collaborative when making decisions
- Have a no-blame culture and encourage people to learn from their mistakes
Area of expertise
How will you verify the specialist is right for the role?
- Work history
- Scenario or test
How will you evaluate the specialists?
|Seller question||Buyer answer|
|1. Hi Team, Please advise if the initial term is until 30 June 2019? or June 2018? Thanks.||30 June 2018|
|2. Due to the ESC process, will the Department consider candidates available within a 2-3 month period?||Yes we would consider applicants who do not hold an ESC clearance and may be prepared to wait for candidates available within a 2-3 month period.|
Interested in this opportunity?
Before you can apply for this opportunity, you need to:
- Register to join the Marketplace.
- Submit a case study and pricing for Cyber security and check your documents are up-to-date.
- Request an assessment of your case study for Cyber security.