This opportunity is closed for applications.
The deadline was Wednesday 31 January 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Opportunity ID
- Deadline for asking questions
- Friday 26 January 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Closing date for applications
- Wednesday 31 January 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Wednesday 24 January 2018
Write a summary of your brief Seeking a Product Owner to support a team with a focus on a Virtual Assistant for a digital experience transformation project.
The individual will support the definition of User Stories and prioritisation of the team’s backlog and play a significant role in quality control of the features developed for production.
What is the latest start date?
How long is the contract? Initial engagement until 30 June 2018 with options to extend.
Where can the work take place?
Who will the specialist work for?
Department of Human Services, Welfare Payments Infrastructure Transformation (WPIT) Programme
How much can you spend per day?
About the work
Who will the specialist work with? The Product Owner will be engaged by the Department of Human Services, working within the Payments Reform Group and in particular the Digital Enablement Project. The Product Owner will work with the broader project team to deliver the project outcomes and will report to the Product Manager.
The Product Owner will need to work with project teams, ICT and business colleagues to deliver enhancements to a virtual assistant.
What will the specialist do? Department of Human Services is seeking a Product Owner – to support a multi-disciplinary team with a focus on a Virtual Assistant for a digital experience transformation project.
The Product Owner – Virtual Assistant will lead a team to deploy the Virtual Assistant to further pages on the department of human services website, in line with the Digital Enablement forward work plan.
The roles of the Product Owner is to support the definition of User Stories and prioritisation of the team’s backlog. The Product Owner will play a significant role in quality control of the features developed for production.
Any additional relevant information? The Digital Enablement project is a business led, user centred, technology enabled project that will deliver a new user experience for citizens and staff. The Virtual Assistant Product Owner will be responsible for leading a small multi-disciplinary team that will continue to develop the departments’ Virtual Assistant ‘Sam’ that is currently deployed to Students, and Families web pages.
The Virtual Assistant is required to be deployed to further web pages, to support the citizen within the Digital channel, with general enquires.
The primary role of the Product Owner is to represent the needs of the stakeholder community.
• Is the "go to" person for domain information
• Provides timely information and decisions
• Prioritizes requirements, defects, and other work items for the team
• Is an active participant in backlog grooming or backlog refinement
• Is an active participant in user testing
• Helps the team gain access to expert stakeholders
• Facilitates requirements modelling sessions
Manages requirements dependencies with other teams, negotiating and reprioritizing as appropriate.
Where will the work take place? 570 Bourke Street, Melbourne, with potential travel required to Canberra, Brisbane or Newcastle. Travel to these locations would be limited to Increment Planning and or User Testing requirements.
What are the working arrangements? On site 5 business days per week (full time)
Is security clearance required? A Security clearance (baseline minimum) may be requested by the Department. Police Clearance Checks and Probity Clearance will also be required for all personnel working on this engagement.
Additional terms and conditions
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate sellers’ technical competence.
Essential skills and experience
- Agile methodologies and have had undertaken the role of Product Owner in similar transformation programmes
- Understanding of /ability to acquire of the departments content management framework including Plain English Foundations
Nice-to-have skills and experience
Experience in the deployment and ongoing management of Virtual Assistants in other government / large organisations
How sellers will be evaluated
How many specialists will you evaluate?
- Ability to work with geographically dispersed teams
- Transparent and collaborative at all times
- Outcome focused - aligned to what is important and adds value
Area of expertise
Agile delivery and governance
How will you verify the specialist is right for the role?
- Work history
How will you evaluate the specialists?
No questions have been asked or answered yet.
Interested in this opportunity?
Before you can apply for this opportunity, you need to:
- Register to join the Marketplace.
- Submit a case study and pricing for Agile delivery and Governance and check your documents are up-to-date.
- Request an assessment of your case study for Agile delivery and Governance.