This opportunity is closed for applications.
The deadline was Tuesday 23 January 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Opportunity ID
- Deadline for asking questions
- Thursday 18 January 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Closing date for applications
- Tuesday 23 January 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Tuesday 16 January 2018
Write a summary of your brief The Defence Pay and Conditions Manual sets out pay and conditions for Defence Members (Members of Army, Navy or Air Force). This information is published on the internet and is difficult for users to understand.
We need a Content Designer to work in our multidisciplinary team transform this service.
What is the latest start date?
How long is the contract? 6 Months
Where can the work take place?
Australian Capital Territory
Who will the specialist work for?
Department of Defence
How much can you spend per day?
About the work
Who will the specialist work with? You will be working as part of a multidisciplinary team which includes a Delivery Manager, User Researcher, Content Designer, InteractioN Designer, Web Administrator and Policy Officer. The team is responsible as a unit, for delivery if increments
What will the specialist do? The Content Designer will work as part of a multidisciplinary team, crafting new content based on legislative instruments. The new content will be used in the modernised Defence Pay and Conditions website. The team will deliver incremental value in sprints, using Agile.
Any additional relevant information? The Multidisciplinary team will be modernising the Defence Pay and Conditions Website using Agile. The new website will be built to comply with the Digital Service Standard and will therefore be built by first determining user needs in Discovery, before moving through Alpha, Beta and into Live
Where will the work take place? Brindabella Business Park
Canberra ACT 2609
What are the working arrangements? The individual will be placed on a non-ongoing contract for up to 6 months, fully embedded in the multidisciplinary team. The role is full time, but part applications for part time workers will be considered.
Is security clearance required? Baseline
Additional terms and conditions The successful applicant will be placed on a non-ongoing contract with the Department of Defence. Please indicate your fee percentage including GST as your best and final offer.
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate sellers’ technical competence.
Essential skills and experience
- Possess experience writing user-centred content in a technical environment
- Possess experience working in Agile and incremental delivery
- Experience in usability, search engine optimisation, google analytics and digital accessibility
- Understanding and/or experience working within an agile management environment and working across organisational boundaries and physical locations to deliver services and project outcomes.
- Demonstrate advocacy for Agile and incremental delivery in government
- Demonstrably put user needs first
Nice-to-have skills and experience
Provide evidence of relevant tertiary qualifications
How sellers will be evaluated
How many specialists will you evaluate?
- Seamlessly integrate into the team, working with suppliers, colleagues and user research participants
- Transparent and collaborative when making decision
- Understand that the unit of delivery is the team
Area of expertise
Content and publishing
How will you verify the specialist is right for the role?
- Work history
How will you evaluate the specialists?
|Seller question||Buyer answer|
|1. Hello can I please know the following: 1. Does the role do any writing? It says 'crafting' but that could mean designing templates/providing advice rather than the actual writing. 2. At what APS level ie APS6/EL1 level of responsibility plus 3. Salary banding in dollars many thanks||The role has two main components: 1. to help create our content strategy and define our voice 2. to write content for the Pay and Conditions website We'd like this person to be able to transfer as much knowledge to the existing person as well. The role is APS 6 and you can find salary information in the Defence Enterprise Agreement 2017-2020, available at defence.gov.au|
|2. What is the daily spend rate?||We're looking for a non-ongoing staff member, so a salaried staff member as opposed to daily rate. Defence salaries can be found in the Defence Enterprise Agreement 2017-2020 and is available at defence.gov.au|
|3. Hi, Would the client be open to a 3-4 day a week arrangement? Or will full-timers be prioritised?||We are open to a 3-4 day working arrangement. Output and delivery is the most important thing, so we will assess applications on the basis of their merit and not working arrangements.|
|4. Is that the first time you advertise for this role and if not why didn't it get filled the first time||This is the firs time we have advertised this role publicly.|
Interested in this opportunity?
Before you can apply for this opportunity, you need to:
- Register to join the Marketplace.
- Submit a case study and pricing for Content and Publishing and check your documents are up-to-date.
- Request an assessment of your case study for Content and Publishing.