This opportunity is closed for applications.
The deadline was Friday 18 August 2017 at 5PM (in Canberra)
- Opportunity ID
- Deadline for asking questions
- Monday 14 August 2017 at 5PM (in Canberra)
- Closing date for applications
- Friday 18 August 2017 at 5PM (in Canberra)
- Friday 11 August 2017
Write a summary of your brief IP Australia are seeking to obtain specialist support and capability to support the exploration of 3D technology.
What is the latest start date?
How long is the contract? 12 months
August 2017 to August 2018
with possible extension options up to August 2019
Where can the work take place?
Australian Capital Territory
Who will the specialist work for?
About the work
Why is the work being done? IP Australia is exploring and implementing modern tools and solutions that drive and support innovation within the organisation and the IP system as a whole. 3D technology is being increasingly explored and has been expanding into various fields and industries.
What's the key problem you need to solve? IP Australia seeks the engagement of a vendor with appropriate experience to support the exploration of 3D technology.
Describe the users and their needs As a part of this opportunity the Seller will:
• Provide advice and support on the implementation of 3D technology, including AR and VR, within IP Australia;
• Provide hardware or software, on temporary basis, for the implementation of 3D technology, including AR and VR, with IP Australia; and
• Undertake projects relating to the implementation of 3D technology, including AR and VR, within IP Australia as required.
What work has already been done?
Who will the work be done with? You'll be working with the Continuous Improvement and Innovation team at IP Australia.
Any additional relevant information? The Seller will work with Continuous Improvement and Innovation team members on a daily basis.
What phase is the work in?
Where will the work take place? Discovery House, 47 Bowes St, Phillip ACT 2606
What are the working arrangements? Meetings maybe conducted on the premises at our Canberra office. Offsite work might be applicable in some instances.
Is security clearance required? Access to IP Australia is governed by a current ENTRY ONLY/RESTRICTED police check granted in
accordance with IP Australia and Australian Government policy. Security clearances are
normally limited to Australian Citizens only. This role has been deemed Entry Only Level (no
Australian Government Security Clearance is required).
Additional terms and conditions
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate sellers’ technical competence.
Essential skills and experience
- Demonstrated experience in designing and developing 3D models in VR and AR environment;
- Demonstrated experience in supplying VR, AR or mixed reality hardware to support off site demonstration capability;
- Ability to respond to IP Australia’s request to establish a pop up stall
- Cost of creating of the requested 3D models nominated by IP Australia;
- Cost of o Providing the pop-up capability (inclusive of hardware) to demonstrate or show the created 3D models.
Nice-to-have skills and experience
How sellers will be evaluated
How many shortlisted sellers will you evaluate?
- Technical solution
- Approach and methodology
- How the approach or solution meets your organisation’s policy or goal
- Estimated timeframes for the work
- Value of money
Cultural fit criteria
- •Work as a team with our organisation and other suppliers
- •Transparent and collaborative when making decisions
- Understanding the the 3D modules adm Technolgy
- Written proposal
- Case study
- Work history
|Seller question||Buyer answer|
|1. Can you provide any examples of the types of solutions (or use cases) that IP Australia are exploring as the requirement focuses on their own 'internal' innovation rather than relating to external entities/actors?||At this stage of the process we are looking to short list applicants based on their demonstrated experience with 3D technology (i.e. AR, VR or mixed reality). Following on the shortlisting process, IP Australia will be looking to provide shortlisted sellers with a brief outlining use cases to provide proposals which will be evaluated|
Interested in this opportunity?
Before you can apply for this opportunity, you need to:
- Register to join the Marketplace.
- Submit a case study and pricing and check your documents are up-to-date.
- Request an assessment of your chosen case study.