This opportunity is closed for applications.
The deadline was Wednesday 30 August 2017 at 5PM (in Canberra)
- Opportunity ID
- Deadline for asking questions
- Wednesday 23 August 2017 at 5PM (in Canberra)
- Closing date for applications
- Wednesday 30 August 2017 at 5PM (in Canberra)
- Wednesday 16 August 2017
Write a summary of your brief IP Australia is seeking to engage a provider that can deliver Blockchain technologies to deliver organisational value, backed by a strong and proven capability in planning and strategic thinking
What is the latest start date?
How long is the contract? 6-12months
Where can the work take place?
Australian Capital Territory
Who will the specialist work for?
About the work
Why is the work being done? IP Australia administers Intellectual Property rights and legislation relating to patents, trade marks, designs and plant breeder's rights. IP Australia does; and continues to deliver a world leading IP system. IP Australia is a digital office with innovation at the core of our services. We are looking to explore and leverage Blockchain capabilities that will assist IP Australia in delivering its services to support the Australian IP System and also the International IP System.
We are looking to engage a seller that can assist in planning and strategic thinking, backed by a strong and proven capability to deliver and implement Blockchain technologies. IP Australia follows the Digital Transformation Agencies' service design and delivery process. The important dates that need to be considered are:
Aug '17 Procurement process to identify a block chain supplier
Sep '17 Commencement of the 'Discovery' phase
Oct '17 Commencement of Alpha prototyping
Nov '17 Commencement of Beta 'Live' with subset of customers
Feb '18 Exploration of live development and expansion of Blockchain initiative
What's the key problem you need to solve? IP Australia is always exploring different ways to deliver better services to the Australian Public. Blockchain is quickly becoming a 'digital disruptor' and IP Australia wants to position itself to take full advantage of the capabilities and assist in 'future proofing' the agency.
We are looking for the appropriate Agile approach for the delivery of an established model to support an efficient & effective IP system
Describe the users and their needs Being in the Discovery phase for the Blockchain initiative we are exploring and developing the concepts and applicability for IP Australia. Areas of current thinking/interest are around the provenance model, architectural pattern Event Sourcing, smart contract licencing, IP Ledgers and registration systems.
We encourage candidates to provide relevant usecases and to also submit their own ideas about how IP Australia can implement Blockchain. It is expected that there will be many use cases for blockchain that will help inform a strategic direction for IP Australia.
As part of Opportunity we would also appreciate seeing a high level delivery and costing model for the use case implementations.
What work has already been done? IP Australia is currently in the Discovery phase. A diverse team has been established to work with the provider to implement and investigate the Blockchain. This includes (but is not limited to) IP Australia business groups and SME,Data Analyst, Enterprise Architecture, ICT professionals and ICT Security experts.
Who will the work be done with? You will be working with staff members from various areas within IP Australia and may also be working with industry partners, including the potential to interact with International IP offices and regulatory bodies such as the World Intellectual Property Office (WIPO)
Any additional relevant information?
What phase is the work in?
Where will the work take place? Australian Capital Territory
What are the working arrangements? Meetings will likely be conducted on premises at our Canberra office. Offsite working might be applicable in some instances. IP Australia can collaborate using cloud based services and have video conferencing systems
Is security clearance required? Access to IP Australia is governed by a current ENTRY ONLY/RESTRICTED police check granted in accordance with IP Australia and Australian Government policy. Security clearances are normally limited to Australian Citizens only.
Additional terms and conditions
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate sellers’ technical competence.
Essential skills and experience
- Draw on their experience in partnering with organisations, and demonstrate they have the skills and experience to assist IP Australia in establishing a Blockchain capability
- Have experience and capability to assist in strategic planning and roadmaping for Blockchain use
- Provide an example usecase for IP Australia to consider, as part of your response include a high level delivery schedule, estimated costs and resources
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Developed similar activites for organisations within the last 12 months
- The Service Provider needs to demonstrate that nominated personnel have the experiences and abilities to deliver on this brief
- Why engaging your organisation provides 'value for money' to IP Australia
- Have demonstrated experience developing and implementing practical Blockchain technologies
How sellers will be evaluated
How many shortlisted sellers will you evaluate?
- Technical solution
- Approach and methodology
- How the approach or solution meets user needs
- Estimated timeframes for the work
- Identified risks and dependencies with implementing Blockchain
Cultural fit criteria
- Work as a team with our organisation and other suppliers
- Transparent and collaborative when making decisions
- Understanding of the Digital Design Standards from the DTA
Capped time and materials
- Written proposal
- Case study
- Work history
No questions have been asked or answered yet.
Interested in this opportunity?
Before you can apply for this opportunity, you need to:
- Register to join the Marketplace.
- Submit a case study and pricing and check your documents are up-to-date.
- Request an assessment of your chosen case study.