Only invited sellers can apply for an 'Open to one' or 'Open to selected' opportunity.
Learn more about Open to selected opportunities.Sign in to continue
This opportunity is closed for applications.
The deadline was Wednesday 26 July 2017 at 5PM (in Canberra)
- Opportunity ID
- Deadline for asking questions
- Wednesday 19 July 2017 at 5PM (in Canberra)
- Closing date for applications
- Wednesday 26 July 2017 at 5PM (in Canberra)
- Wednesday 12 July 2017
Write a summary of your brief Finance is seeking a vendor who can provide Project and Programme Management capability to assist and assure in the delivery of the Secure Information Sharing Capability Programme (SISC) for 12 months.
What is the latest start date?
August 2017. Please advise the earliest available start date
How long is the contract? 12 months
Where can the work take place?
Australian Capital Territory
Who will the specialist work for?
Department of Finance
About the work
Why is the work being done? On 11 April 2017, the Government agreed to deliver the Secure Information Sharing Capability (SISC) programme as part of the Australian Public Service (APS) Modernisation Fund and forms part of the broader Data Integration Partnership for Australia measure overseen by the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet.
The SISC programme is anticipated to transition the APS’ current state of unstructured Government business data, to data that is easily accessible, searchable and usable. This will drive productivity improvements through reducing duplication of effort in reporting and analysis. Policy makers will be able to more easily use data to inform policy development resulting in an improvement in the advice provided to decision makers.
The SISC is anticipated to be a PROTECTED cloud-based system that will allow entities and Finance to share data through a single interface approach; integrate data to be reused many times; provide tools to analyse and report on data and share integrated information appropriately between Government entities.
The programme will supply core capabilities that may then be used by other projects (like the Shared Budget Workflow System and WoAG Digital Records Transformation).
In order to ensure the successful delivery of the SISC programme, Finance requires the independent support and assurance of delivery and quality control of artefacts delivered through the SISC
What's the key problem you need to solve? The successful vendor will provide capabilities to assist with:
* Develop formal documents for the programme of work that constitutes the SISC programme, to ensure delivery following the MSP & Prince2 Principals. Documentation to include:
o financial controls
o schedule controls
o project/programme controls
o delivery controls
o transition and change controls
o Work Package Development
* input to a Request for Information (RFI) process with potential suppliers of the SISC programme including technical/data architecture and commercial documentation.
* input to a Request for Tender (RFT) process with potential suppliers of the SISC programme including technical/data architecture and commercial documentation.
Describe the users and their needs The successful vendor will provide project and programme management support capability to support Finance staff to effectively manage the delivery of the SISC programme.
What work has already been done? Draft Project Plan
Who will the work be done with? The current team within the SISC programme is made up of a multi-discipline team of Technical, Programme, Project, Procurement management and support staff. It is envisaged that the successful vendor will work in a blended team approach assisting with deliverables, reporting and knowledge sharing.
Any additional relevant information?
What phase is the work in?
Where will the work take place? 1 Canberra Ave Forrest ACT 2603
What are the working arrangements? Primary Resource Monday to Friday 8hrs per day excluding Public Holidays.
Specialists as required.
Contractors will be expected to provide their own devices.
Finance will provide seats and desks with power outlets.
Finance will not pay travel costs.
Is security clearance required? The minimum security clearance required for personnel is a Baseline clearance. Personnel without a security clearance must be escorted at all times by a cleared person provided by the vendor or must promptly obtain security clearance to Baseline at the vendor's expense.
Additional terms and conditions
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate sellers’ technical competence.
Essential skills and experience
- Demonstrated project and programme management skills in the delivery of technical projects similar to the SISC (delivery management)
- Demonstrated ability to provide analytical input into a Request for Information (RFI) process
- Demonstrated ability to provide analytical input into a Request for Tender (RFT)
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- proposed personnel should include expertise in business architecture and analysis
- proposed personnel should include expertise in information/data architecture and analysis
- proposed personnel should include expertise in procurement management
- proposed personnel should include expertise in development of technical and commercial information to support RFI and RFT
- proposed personnel should include expertise in delivery management
- proposed personnel should include expertise in change and transition management
How sellers will be evaluated
How many shortlisted sellers will you evaluate?
- Technical Competence
- Cultural Fit
- Extent to which the fees proposed contribute to value for money for the Commonwealth (not weighted)
Cultural fit criteria
- Demonstrated ability to Contribute immediately to the effective delivery of the SISC programme
- Demonstrated ability to Engage collaboratively with stakeholders and support cultural change associated with the SISC programme
- Demonstrated ability to Proactively transfer skills and knowledge to client staff
Capped time and materials
- Written proposal
- Work history
No questions have been asked or answered yet.