Only invited sellers can apply for an 'Open to one' or 'Open to selected' opportunity.
Learn more about Open to selected opportunities.Sign in to continue
This opportunity is closed for applications.
The deadline was Monday 26 June 2017 at 5PM (in Canberra)
- Opportunity ID
- Deadline for asking questions
- Thursday 22 June 2017 at 5PM (in Canberra)
- Closing date for applications
- Monday 26 June 2017 at 5PM (in Canberra)
- Monday 19 June 2017
Write a summary of your brief Exciting opportunity for an experienced Delivery Manager to join our team
What is the latest start date?
How long is the contract? 22nd December 2017
Where can the work take place?
Australian Capital Territory
Who will the specialist work for?
Department of Health
How much can you spend per day?
About the work
Who will the specialist work with? You will be working with a new team within health consisting of Enterprise Architects, Service Designers, User Researchers, Content Designers, Developers and Subject Matter Experts.
What will the specialist do? The delivery manager will drive delivery from an Agile delivery management practices and techniques perspective. They will work as part a multidisciplinary team and have extensive experience working in Agile and, ideally, experience with the Commonwealth Digital service standard.
Assist and coach the Development Team to resolve impediments
Empower the Development team to be fully functional and productive
Assist the Product Owner with the Product Backlog
Enable close cooperation across all roles and functions and remove barriers
Ensure that the process is followed
Facilitate Scrum events
Assists the project team in becoming Agile enabled
Mentor the Project Manager in Agile
Any additional relevant information?
Where will the work take place? Canberra
What are the working arrangements? Working onsite full time, 8 hours a day, 5 days per week (Mon-Fri)
Is security clearance required?
Additional terms and conditions
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate sellers’ technical competence.
Essential skills and experience
- Facilitating planning and estimation
- Experience in agile project management
- A collaborative approach to working
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- Pragmatically able to respond to changing needs
- Problem solver and unblocker
- Comfortable in a dynamic, fast moving environment
- Experience with budgets
- Engage the team in following the Agile methodology, while keeping the team focused on the goals of the sprint
- Helping the team improve and take responsibility for their actions, working through team performance issues, facilitating the retrospective, and helping the team become problem solvers and eliminate impediments
- Facilitate preparation and readiness for release planning
- Share information with the team and help others to meet team priorities
- Share knowledge, flexible and positive attitude are essential
- Demonstrated experience and skills in Agile coaching
- Leading the team in Agile concepts, principles, practices and behaviours
- Support projects, identifying areas for improvement, developing improvement plans and working with individuals and teams to implement those improvements
- Strong facilitation and communication skills to engage and include all team members and encourage a collaborative approach to completing tasks
- Experience in Agile ScrumMaster / Iteration Manager / Scrum Master roles
- Experience in coaching, team building and group facilitation
- Certified in relevant Agile certifications
Nice-to-have skills and experience
How sellers will be evaluated
How many specialists will you evaluate?
- Value product delivery team outcomes over individual outcomes.
- Promote a positive team cluture.
- Be transparent and collaborative when making decision
- Have a pragmatic and flexible response to changing needs
- Ability to work in co-located teams
- Work at pace as part of an agile multi-disciplined team
Area of expertise
Agile delivery and governance
How will you verify the specialist is right for the role?
- Work history
How will you evaluate the specialists?
No questions have been asked or answered yet.