This opportunity is closed for applications.
The deadline was Monday 20 May 2019 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Opportunity ID
- Deadline for asking questions
- Wednesday 15 May 2019 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Closing date for applications
- Monday 20 May 2019 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Monday 13 May 2019
Write a summary of your brief The ACSC’s Government Uplift team is focused on implementation of cyber security throughout government, working to help agencies turn IT security policy/strategy into practical, effective controls, processes and technical implementations. The role provides expert technical advice/assistance to a wide variety of situations and scenarios, helping agencies raise their cyber posture.
What is the latest start date?
How long is the contract? 12 months
Where can the work take place?
Australian Capital Territory
Who will the specialist work for?
Australian Signals Directorate
How much can you spend per day?
About the work
Who will the specialist work with? You will be working with a small team of cyber security professionals as part of ACSC’s Protect and Assure branch.
What will the specialist do? The ASD - ACSC is seeking Technical Cyber Security Professionals to join their team. The work involves providing expert advice and assistance to the ACSC and its partners.
The successful candidates will have expert knowledge in technical components of cyber security and will be able to apply and expand those skills to a wide range of situations.
Any additional relevant information?
Where will the work take place? Canberra
What are the working arrangements? Full Time
Is security clearance required? Minimum baseline clearance
Additional terms and conditions The final work orders will contain additional terms and conditions
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate sellers’ technical competence.
Essential skills and experience
- Demonstrate a minimum of 5 years experience in Technical Security
- Demonstrated experience working with a security focus on enterprise software and systems such as Active Directory, Windows and Linux systems
- Experience with implementing one or more of the Essential Eight mitigation strategies
- Assessing the cyber security posture of Windows and other systems as part of vulnerability assessment
- Demonstrated experience with scripting to automate system administration or vulnerability assessment tasks
- Demonstrated experience working with Cloud systems such as AWS, Azure, or Office 365
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Penetration testing experience
- Reverse Engineering experience
- Security monitoring experience
How sellers will be evaluated
How many specialists will you evaluate?
- Ability to work in co-located teams
- Desire to improve Government security culture
Area of expertise
How will you verify the specialist is right for the role?
- Work history
How will you evaluate the specialists?
|Seller question||Buyer answer|
|1. Noting the request for ASAP start date, are you able to wait until 1 July for suitable candidates? Noting you will assess 15 specialists, can you clarify how many open positions you have?||We are able to wait until 1 July for commencement, though an earlier start date is highly desirable. We have up to 10 positions available.|
|2. Can you please clarify that the Baseline clearance is correct - candidates do not require a higher level of AGSVA clearance?||A minimum baseline clearance is correct|
|3. Thank you for clarifying the previous questions. Are you able to provide any further detail on the levels or responsibilities of the 10 positions? Would they match any DSS or SFIA Skill Sets / Levels? We are trying to establish the opportunity for hands on and / or management and leadership positions. Thank you.||These positions do not comprise leadership or management positions and are all 'hands on' in nature. In our view the skill sets required equate to SFIA levels 4 & 5.|
|4. DTA Submission is limited to 3 candidates per vendor. Is it possible to expand this, or for a vendor to submit more than 3 applications to a direct point of contact within the project?||Vendors are welcome to submit more than 3 applications. Additional responses can be forwarded to: firstname.lastname@example.org|
Interested in this opportunity?
Before you can apply for this opportunity, you need to:
- Register to join the Marketplace.
- Submit a case study and pricing for Cyber security and check your documents are up-to-date.
- Request an assessment of your case study for Cyber security.