This opportunity is closed for applications.
The deadline was Thursday 3 January 2019 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Opportunity ID
- Deadline for asking questions
- Thursday 27 December 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Closing date for applications
- Thursday 3 January 2019 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Thursday 20 December 2018
Write a summary of your brief Finance is seeking to determine the most effective and efficient way to source modernised digital records capability through a co-design process. The Senior Service Designer will play a key role in that process.
What is the latest start date?
Monday, 14 January 2019.
How long is the contract? From start date to 31 March 2019 + extension if required.
Where can the work take place?
Australian Capital Territory
Who will the specialist work for?
Department of Finance
How much can you spend per day? The Department of Finance (Finance) is seeking quotes from the Digital Marketplace Panel for contractors to be embedded in multidisciplinary teams.
About the work
Who will the specialist work with? The service designer will work in a multidisciplinary team which may include Enterprise Architects, User Researchers, Policy experts and Subject Matter Experts.
What will the specialist do? You will work closely within a multidisciplinary team, applying service design methods to refine and deliver an efficient and user-centred service experience, for users of a new set of arrangements for sourcing technology to support Digital Records Transformation.
You will contribute to refinement of a capability maturity model to improve government’s investment in information management, enabling vendors to offer solutions that meet the changing needs of government.
You are experienced in utilising design standards, including the Digital Service Standard and best practices to help others see problems from a different perspective, balancing customer empathy and creative skill with government awareness.
Any additional relevant information? For background on the Digital Records Transformation Initiative, please see https://www.finance.gov.au/publications-reports/digital-records-transformation-initiative/
Where will the work take place? Initially at the Department of Finance premises in Canberra. From 4 February 2019, the DTA premises in Canberra.
What are the working arrangements? Working onsite full time, 5 days per week.
Is security clearance required? Current Commonwealth Government baseline security clearance.
Additional terms and conditions N/A
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate sellers’ technical competence.
Essential skills and experience
- Demonstrate a minimum of 3 years’ experience in Service Design
- Demonstrable extensive experience in the design of digital services for large organisations and government
- Demonstrable experience working in a User Centred Design environment
- Demonstrated experience mapping complex service environments both as is and future state based on insights from user research
- Demonstrated experience of producing user scenarios, service experience concepts, blueprints and detailed service design as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Demonstrated experience planning, conducting, analysing and making recommendations on emerging trends to identify and lead improvements to existing services as well as introduce innovative and industry first service experiences
- Demonstrated experience working on operational services
- Demonstrated experience presenting persuasively to senior stakeholders
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Knowledge of the methodology used by the Digital Transformation Agency (DTA), familiarity with the research and design community within DTA and the APS
- Have previous experience in agile and work at pace as part of an agile multi-disciplined team
How sellers will be evaluated
How many specialists will you evaluate?
- Ability to work in co-located and/or distributed teams
- Enthusiasm for user centred approach to design and delivery
- Promote a positive creative culture and help to build a strong user research reputation for the Australian Government
Area of expertise
User research and design
How will you verify the specialist is right for the role?
- Work history
How will you evaluate the specialists?
No questions have been asked or answered yet.
Interested in this opportunity?
Before you can apply for this opportunity, you need to:
- Register to join the Marketplace.
- Submit a case study and pricing for User research and Design and check your documents are up-to-date.
- Request an assessment of your case study for User research and Design.