This opportunity is closed for applications.
The deadline was Thursday 3 January 2019 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Opportunity ID
- Deadline for asking questions
- Thursday 27 December 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Closing date for applications
- Thursday 3 January 2019 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Thursday 20 December 2018
Write a summary of your brief Finance is seeking to determine the most effective and efficient way to source modernised digital records capability through a co-design process. The Senior User Researcher will play a key role in that process.
What is the latest start date?
How long is the contract? From start date to 31 March 2019 + extension if required.
Where can the work take place?
Australian Capital Territory
Who will the specialist work for?
Department of Finance
How much can you spend per day? The Department of Finance (Finance) is seeking quotes from the Digital Marketplace Panel for contractors to be embedded in multidisciplinary teams.
About the work
Who will the specialist work with? The User Researcher will work in a multidisciplinary team which may include Enterprise Architects, Service Designers, User Researchers, Policy experts and Subject Matter Experts.
What will the specialist do? You will work closely within a multidisciplinary team, responsible for helping the team build an understanding of users needs, behaviours and motivations. You take the lead on designing and identifiying research plans and methods and facilitating research with users of new set of arrangements for sourcing technology to support Digital Records Transformation. You communicate findings back to the team and work with them to create actionable insights to guide design. You facilitate the consultations, workshops and/or communities of practice with users/stakeholders.
You will have extensive experience working in Agile and, ideally, experience with the Digital Service Standard.
Any additional relevant information? For background on the Digital Records Transformation Initiative, please see https://www.finance.gov.au/publications-reports/digital-records-transformation-initiative/
Where will the work take place? Initially at the Department of Finance premises in Canberra. From 4 February 2019, the DTA premises in Canberra.
What are the working arrangements? Working onsite full time, 5 days per week.
Is security clearance required? Current Commonwealth Government baseline security clearance.
Additional terms and conditions N/A
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate sellers’ technical competence.
Essential skills and experience
- Demonstrate a minimum of five years’ experience in User Research
- Demonstrated experience in compelling written, visual and verbal communication of user research insights that effectively communicate to a wide audience
- Demonstrated experience with synthesis and sensemaking of qualitative research
- Demonstrated experience engaging with a range of stakeholders
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Demonstrated experience working within a user experience capability within Government
- Knowledge of the methodology used by the DTA, familiarity with the research and design community within DTA and the APS
- Have previous experience in agile and work at pace as part of an agile multi-disciplined team
How sellers will be evaluated
How many specialists will you evaluate?
- Ability to work in co-located and/or distributed teams
- Enthusiasm for user centred approach to design and delivery
- Promote a positive creative culture and help to build a strong user research reputation for the Australian Government
Area of expertise
User research and design
How will you verify the specialist is right for the role?
- Work history
How will you evaluate the specialists?
No questions have been asked or answered yet.
Interested in this opportunity?
Before you can apply for this opportunity, you need to:
- Register to join the Marketplace.
- Submit a case study and pricing for User research and Design and check your documents are up-to-date.
- Request an assessment of your case study for User research and Design.