This opportunity is closed for applications.
The deadline was Wednesday 16 January 2019 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Opportunity ID
- Deadline for asking questions
- Wednesday 9 January 2019 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Closing date for applications
- Wednesday 16 January 2019 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Wednesday 2 January 2019
Write a summary of your brief The department is seeking a channel coordinator to support the day-to-day operations of the humanservices.gov.au website.
What is the latest start date?
28 January 2019
How long is the contract? This contract will be until 30 June 2019 (with possibility of extension)
Where can the work take place?
Australian Capital Territory
Who will the specialist work for?
Department of Human Services
How much can you spend per day?
About the work
Who will the specialist work with? The role will work within an Agile multi-disciplinary operational delivery team and will be required to work with a broad range of stakeholders across the department.
What will the specialist do? The specialist will undertake the following activities:
• Assist with channel quality management activities to ensure that deliverables are fit for purpose and meet the user need
• Provide support to project teams on small to medium sized projects, assist managers with other large projects
• Provide project administration support including meeting coordination, taking notes and information management
• Assist with the preparation of documentation, including reports, schedules, presentations, meeting documentation, communications and templates
• General administrative tasks such as purchasing and file management
• Liaising with internal stakeholders
• Maintaining spreadsheets and registers
• Other administrative duties as directed
Any additional relevant information?
Where will the work take place? 57 Athllon Drive, Greenway ACT
What are the working arrangements? On site 5 business days per week (full time)
Is security clearance required? A security clearance (baseline minimum) is preferred, however can be obtained. Police Clearance Checks and Probity Clearance will also be required for all personnel working on this engagement.
Additional terms and conditions The prospective candidate must have Australian Citizenship
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate sellers’ technical competence.
Essential skills and experience
- have previous administration experience in a similar role
- be highly organised with the ability to quickly prioritise and manage competing tasks
- demonstrate strong attention to detail and be able to follow established processes
- work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- have a track record of working effectively and cooperatively with multiple stakeholders
- have strong computer literacy skills, including demonstrated experience in Microsoft Office suite and presentation software
- have strong written and oral communication skills
- have demonstrated ability to work independently, and as a member of a multidisciplinary team
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- work on MS Project
- Previous experience working in a government environment
- Experience with project governance in a technology environment
How sellers will be evaluated
How many specialists will you evaluate?
- Demonstrated ability to engage collaboratively with stakeholders associated with the project
- Transparent and collaborative at all times
- The ability to pragmatically change direction and scope as new information is discovered and challenges or opportunities present themselves
- Ability to work with geographically dispersed teams
Area of expertise
Business support and operations
How will you verify the specialist is right for the role?
- Work history
How will you evaluate the specialists?
|Seller question||Buyer answer|
|1. How many positions are available for this role?||The department has one position for this role.|
|2. What is the APS level for this role?||APS 5/6|
Interested in this opportunity?
Before you can apply for this opportunity, you need to:
- Register to join the Marketplace.
- Submit a case study and pricing for Support and Operations and check your documents are up-to-date.
- Request an assessment of your case study for Support and Operations.