Only invited sellers can apply for an 'Open to one' or 'Open to selected' opportunity.
Learn more about Open to selected opportunities.Sign in to continue
This opportunity is closed for applications.
The deadline was Tuesday 27 November 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Opportunity ID
- Deadline for asking questions
- Monday 19 November 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Closing date for applications
- Tuesday 27 November 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Thursday 15 November 2018
Write a summary of your brief The Treasury are seeking ongoing hosting and maintenance support for the treasury.gov.au website.
What is the latest start date?
How long is the contract? 3 years + 1 year + 1 year
Where can the work take place?
Who will the specialist work for?
Department of the Treasury
About the work
Why is the work being done? The Treasury website is being re-platformed to Drupal. We require a hosting and maintenance provider to support the platform and website.
What's the key problem you need to solve? The Treasury are transitioning from WordPress to Drupal and require hosting and maintenance of a secure, reliable and accessible Drupal environment.
Describe the users and their needs As the Treasury we require ongoing hosting and maintenance support for the corporate website ( it can provide information to our stakeholders and the general public.
What work has already been done? The website was redesigned in 2017 using the Digital Service Standard. The Department have been working on the re-platforming of the treasury.gov.au website in Drupal 8 and are ready to release the new site.
Who will the work be done with? Department of the Treasury, a contracted Drupal Developer and the outsourced team managing the Drupal 8 build.
Any additional relevant information? HTML Pages - 4,000
Files - 20,000
Views per month: 175,000
5gb & 60K sessions/month
What phase is the work in?
Where will the work take place? The Treasury are based in Canberra. Work is not required onsite.
What are the working arrangements? Work will be conducted remotely.
It is the expectation of the Treasury that the successful provider will proactively maintain the infrastructure and core Drupal modules. Adhoc requests will need to be managed through a service management tool with options to escalate requests for work based on priority.
Adoc phone meetings may be required.
Is security clearance required?
Additional terms and conditions
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate sellers’ technical competence.
Essential skills and experience
- Experience with the provision of highly available, scaleable, and secure infrastructure.
- Drupal development skills.
- User experience and interface expertise
- Provide load balancing and autoscaling services
- Automated website up-time monitoring, reporting and response services
- Provide a range of priority services requiring normal to emergency response
- Must provide ongoing maintenance of infrastructure and core drupal modules
- Must provide DDoS protection
- Must provide 99.95% up-time
- Disaster recovery approach and multiple daily snapshots
Nice-to-have skills and experience
How sellers will be evaluated
How many shortlisted sellers will you evaluate?
- Technical solution and approach to content staging
- Proven experience in hosting large scale Drupal websites
- How the approach or solution meets the Treasury's requirements
- Ability to deliver within the timeframes
- Support model
- Security protocols and framework
Cultural fit criteria
- Transparency in identifying delivery risks and issues and communicating these promptly
- A focus and commitment to data and information security
Capped time and materials
No questions have been asked or answered yet.