This opportunity is closed for applications.
The deadline was Wednesday 21 November 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Opportunity ID
- Deadline for asking questions
- Friday 16 November 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Closing date for applications
- Wednesday 21 November 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Wednesday 14 November 2018
Write a summary of your brief The department is transforming its approach to ICT infrastructure platforms and services provisioning to move from owned infrastructure to X-a-a-S, leverage cloud capability, embrace contemporary concepts to improve agility and repeatability, develop enterprise capabilities to reduce duplicative investment, invest in analytics systems, and reduce reliance on legacy systems
What is the latest start date?
How long is the contract? From date of work order execution to 30 June 2018 with up to 2 x 6 month extension options
Where can the work take place?
Australian Capital Territory
Who will the specialist work for?
Department of Agriculture and Water Resources
How much can you spend per day? The department is seeking a quote based on an 8 hour per day GST inclusive hourly rate
About the work
Who will the specialist work with? The selected candidate will work in close collaboration with a cloud team made up of members from business and Information Services Division. It is expected that the selected candidate will identify tools and skills requirements and mentor staff as well as up-skilling departmental staff to deliver and maintain the new offerings.
What will the specialist do? • Assess current posture and services requirements
• Advise appropriate architecture including, Express-Route and hybrid arrangements with on-site legacy, new on-site IaaS
• Deliver cloud transformation, particularly in the Azure environment for Government
• Advise and develop cloud processes, heuristics and governance
• Develop cost modelling and advise on cost management
• Engage with business areas to determine requirements for agile deployments and DevOps and progress the introduction of suitable processes and tools
• Advise and develop sound cloud security practices
• Provide practical engagement for migrations and POCs
• Identify tools and skills requirements and mentor staff
Any additional relevant information? Please limit your responses to 2 x candidates from each provider
Where will the work take place? 18 Marcus Clarke St, Canberra ACT 2601
What are the working arrangements? 3-5 days a week subject to discussion
Is security clearance required? Baseline Security Clearance as well as a current Police Check is required
Additional terms and conditions Invoices must be submitted monthly and include departmental approved timesheets to match.
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate sellers’ technical competence.
Essential skills and experience
- Assess current posture and services requirements
- Advise appropriate architecture including, for example, Express-Route and hybrid arrangements with on-site legacy, new on-site IaaS
- Deliver cloud transformation, particularly in the Azure environment, for Government
- Advise and develop cloud processes, heuristics and governance
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Provide practical (hands-on) engagement for migrations and POCs
- Develop cost modelling and advise on cost management
- Advise and develop sound cloud security practices
How sellers will be evaluated
How many specialists will you evaluate?
- Engage with business areas to determine requirements for agile deployments and DevOps and progress the introduction of suitable processes and tools
- Identify tools and skills requirements and mentor staff
Area of expertise
Strategy and policy
How will you verify the specialist is right for the role?
- Work history
How will you evaluate the specialists?
|Seller question||Buyer answer|
|1. Is this contract until 30 June 2019 not 30 June 2018 and will this be a new position? Thank you.||My apologies, this contract is until 30 June 2019, not 2018 (I will update the brief). yes the position is a new one.|
Interested in this opportunity?
Before you can apply for this opportunity, you need to:
- Register to join the Marketplace.
- Submit a case study and pricing for Strategy and Policy and check your documents are up-to-date.
- Request an assessment of your case study for Strategy and Policy.