This opportunity is closed for applications.
The deadline was Thursday 25 October 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Opportunity ID
- Deadline for asking questions
- Monday 22 October 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Closing date for applications
- Thursday 25 October 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Thursday 18 October 2018
Write a summary of your brief The DTA is seeking a Policy Specialist to develop guidelines and tools alongside new ICT procurement policies.
What is the latest start date?
5 November 2018
How long is the contract? Six months with possible six month extensions
Where can the work take place?
Australian Capital Territory
Who will the specialist work for?
Digital Transformation Agency (DTA)
How much can you spend per day?
About the work
Who will the specialist work with? You will join a team of policy, capability, data and engagement specialists focused on implementing the government’s digital sourcing transformation work as a response to the ICT Procurement Taskforce report
What will the specialist do? The Policy Specialist will join a team developing policy, guidance and tools in response to the ICT Procurement Taskforce report and underpinning the Digital Sourcing Framework. They will be committed to delivering user centred and contemporary policy design process to reform digital sourcing practices.
Any additional relevant information? As a Policy Specialist, you will be required to:
• Write digital sourcing policies and guidance that support implementing the recommendations of the ICT Procurement Taskforce Report.
• Engage with government, internal and external stakeholders to consult and gather feedback on proposed policies
• Research, analyse and develop policies, strategies and standards that require understanding and consideration of sensitive organisational and political issues
Where will the work take place? Canberra, ACT
What are the working arrangements? On site Monday to Friday with the ability to attend meetings on and off site on behalf of the DTA.
Is security clearance required? Minimum Baseline clearance or be eligible and willing to obtain one.
Additional terms and conditions Not applicable
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate sellers’ technical competence.
Essential skills and experience
- Well developed research and analytical skills, and the ability to turn that research into useful guidance, briefings and reports.
- Demonstrated contemporary policy and strategy development skills
- Ability to write simple and clear policy, guidance, papers, briefs and advice
- Ability to advise on policy direction based on an understanding of sensitive organisational or political issues.
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Experience or understanding in ICT and/or procurement is desirable
- Understanding of policy development under broader government processes, such as the Budget or Cabinet processes
How sellers will be evaluated
How many specialists will you evaluate?
- Promote a positive creative culture and help to build a strong policy design reputation for DTA
- Friendly, confident and professional in dealing with senior management, colleagues and external stakeholders
Area of expertise
Strategy and policy
How will you verify the specialist is right for the role?
- Work history
How will you evaluate the specialists?
|Seller question||Buyer answer|
|1. Could we get an indication of the daily rate limit including GST? Are agency branded resume's ok?||Sorry we don't provide daily rate. selection criteria has to be answered.|
|2. Will you accept applications for an individual or company to work remotely, or must the successful applicant live and work in Canberra?||The successful candidate will be based on site at the DTA’s Canberra office.|
|3. Will you accept applications from someone working within an established company who can devote time to this project, or must it be an individual working solely on this project?||The successful candidate will need to work on a full time basis in this role.|
Interested in this opportunity?
Before you can apply for this opportunity, you need to:
- Register to join the Marketplace.
- Submit a case study and pricing for Strategy and Policy and check your documents are up-to-date.
- Request an assessment of your case study for Strategy and Policy.