This opportunity is closed for applications.
The deadline was Monday 10 September 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Opportunity ID
- Deadline for asking questions
- Wednesday 5 September 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Closing date for applications
- Monday 10 September 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Monday 3 September 2018
Write a summary of your brief The Digital Transformation Agency (DTA) is seeking a Transformation Lead to work within the Sourcing Centre of Excellence Branch.
What is the latest start date?
2 October 2018
How long is the contract? Six months with possible six month extension
Where can the work take place?
Australian Capital Territory
Who will the specialist work for?
Digital Transformation Agency
How much can you spend per day?
About the work
Who will the specialist work with? Working with the Sourcing Centre of Excellence Branch, Digital Transformation Agency.
What will the specialist do? The Transformation Lead will join a team of policy, data and engagement specialists focused on implementing the government’s response to the ICT Procurement Taskforce report.
You will use your strong engagement and networking skills to drive whole of government capability uplift.
You will be committed to implementing lasting cultural change and driving agency support for the government's commitment to changing culture and practices.
Any additional relevant information? As Transformation Lead, you will be required to:
- Work at pace as part of a dynamic, fast paced environment supporting the implementation of key government deliverables
- Build on existing APS capability research and activities to build a strategy for driving change
-Establish the practices and processes for a new seller governance capability
- Work cooperatively with agencies across government to drive change
- Use your commitment to achieving reform to maintain momentum for cultural change
- Highlight best practices in ICT procurement/digital sourcing
- Build networks to share capability across government
Where will the work take place? Canberra, ACT
What are the working arrangements? On site Monday to Friday with the ability to attend meetings on and off site on behalf of the DTA.
Is security clearance required? Minimum Baseline clearance or the ability to obtain one.
Additional terms and conditions
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate sellers’ technical competence.
Essential skills and experience
- Willingness to adapt to, and advocate for new processes, cultural practices and ways of working
- Proven ability to engage and communicate with a wide range of stakeholders across industry and government agencies
- Experience working across government on capability uplift or other change programs
- Proven experience working with or establishing supplier governance programs
- Proven ability to provide accurate advice on sourcing and technology issues
- Experience working successfully on strategic supplier partnerships
- Experience working with sellers who are under contractual obligations
- Experience implementing seller performance metrics reporting programs
- Ability to liaise with sourcing partners to review, report on and revise contractual agreements
- Ability to demonstrate expert understanding of Digital, ICT and/or procurement
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Practical large scale contract management experience
- Deep working knowledge of the government procurement environment, e.g the application of CPRs, AAIs.
- Awareness and understanding of government engagement with business and especially Small to Medium Enterprises (SMEs)
- Practical experience working in a multi discipline team using an agile approach
- Able to manage own time effectively to meet deadlines in the delivery of outcomes
- Strong communication skills both oral and written
- Friendly, confident and professional in dealing with senior management, colleagues and external stakeholders
- Positive, open and quick to learn new work practices
How sellers will be evaluated
How many specialists will you evaluate?
- Promote a positive creative culture and help to build a strong design reputation for DTA
- Work at pace as part of an AGILE team
Area of expertise
Change and transformation
How will you verify the specialist is right for the role?
How will you evaluate the specialists?
|Seller question||Buyer answer|
|1. Would the DTA consider a team based approach (i.e. 2 resources with a blended capability to make up 1 x FTE?||The position has been advertised for an individual specialist, however, we have an ‘if not, why not’ approach to working arrangements. Applications must meet the skills and experience required, ensuring they can also meet the working arrangements specified (for example, being available for meetings when we need the capabilities of that position).|
Interested in this opportunity?
Before you can apply for this opportunity, you need to:
- Register to join the Marketplace.
- Submit a case study and pricing for Change and Transformation and check your documents are up-to-date.
- Request an assessment of your case study for Change and Transformation.