This opportunity is closed for applications.
The deadline was Thursday 13 September 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Opportunity ID
- Deadline for asking questions
- Thursday 6 September 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Closing date for applications
- Thursday 13 September 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Thursday 30 August 2018
Write a summary of your brief NDIA is seeking a committed, flexible data architect, to build and maintain the NDIA's data warehouse.
What is the latest start date?
How long is the contract? 31/06/2019
Where can the work take place?
- New South Wales
Who will the specialist work for?
National Disability Insurance Agency, Office of the Scheme Actuary - Data & Insurance Branch
How much can you spend per day? EL1 equivalent classification level. Please see the NDIA enterprise agreement document online, appendix A for salary ranges. The rates may be negotiated according to skills and experience on an individual basis.
About the work
Who will the specialist work with? "• Scheme Actuary
• Data analysts including business intelligence, actuarial and performance analysts
Data office, business data owners and SQL developers
What will the specialist do? "Position Purpose
• To determine the logical design and information management strategies necessary to store, move and manage data into consumable data assets.
• To identify and align data assets to address business / information consumer requirements.
This role will is the lead within the Data Architecture and Analysis team, and will be responsible for the delivery of
• (Theoretical/target) information model
• (Theoretical/target) data dictionary
• Change request information for ICT
• Change impact assessment for input into ICT and business processes
• Specification documents for data developers
• Test cases for data developers / testers
Any additional relevant information? "This is a key position within the branch, this role will have the following responsiblities
• Determine overall modelling standards, guidelines, best practices and approved modelling techniques.
• Supervise the creation of all conceptual, logical and physical data models.
• Supervise the data modelling and analyst staff. Ensure that data modelling practices and guidelines are followed in order to avoid physical model bias.
• Review proposed data models contained in packaged or commercially available applications before they are bought.
• Participate in data integration, business intelligence (BI) and enterprise information management programs by rationalizing data processing to support reuse.
• Work with data services administrators to develop the data objects and data models to support data services in service-oriented architecture.
• Collect and identify the various metadata assets.
• Identify the data assets that are deemed significant to the enterprise, as determined by the business impact, decision impact, risk mitigation or organizational impact of the information.
• Model the future state of the data architecture and provide data architecture best practices and guidelines.
• Establish metrics for tracking and measuring the value of data architecture initiatives. For example, measuring model reuse, impact on project costs or improved data consistency across diverse initiatives.
• Ensure that critical information assets modelled as part of any project are represented in the enterprise information architecture (EIA) and follow the design guidelines and requirements of EIA.
1. Australian citizenship is required.
2. You may propose as many candidates as you feel appropriate. Due to system restrictions please consolidate your documents to three.
3. We are seeking to fill multiple roles
4. This is a labour hire arrangement, requiring resources for the team
5.All successful candidates will need the relevant Entry Level Check, which will be conducted by the NDIA."
Where will the work take place? Surry Hills, NSW or Geelong VIC
What are the working arrangements? face to face. Team is split across two cities - contractors will be located in one of the locations (Geelong or Surry Hills)
Is security clearance required? Entry Level Checks will be initiated by NDIA and commencement is subject to the key personnel meeting the standard in relation to the Entry Level Check requirements
Additional terms and conditions
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate sellers’ technical competence.
Essential skills and experience
- The data architect should have a minimum of 7 years similar experience, with the following technical skills
- Erwin - Ability to demonstrate capability in the development and review of data models
- SQL - Ability to demonstrate capability in the development and review of data models
- Base SAS - Ability to demonstrate capability in the development and review of data models
- SAP CRM - Ability to navigate CRM (the NDIA’s service delivery system)
- Relational databases - Ability to employ understanding of relational databases
- Other - Good knowledge of source data mapping to information models
- Ability to communicate effectively and produce clear, accurate documentation
- Proficiency with one of more of the following: SAP CRM, SAS, SQL;
- Experience applying software development methods
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Experience managing teams
- A demonstrated strong commitment to quality
- A customer focused and service-oriented mindset
- A proven ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Good organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
- A proven ability to work under pressure in a team environment
- Creative and innovative thinking.
How sellers will be evaluated
How many specialists will you evaluate?
- Individual has the ability to work within the team and adapt quickly to a changing environment.
- Individual's experience in building relationships both with internal and external stakeholders
- Individual has a positive contemporary attitude to people with disability
- Seller's strategy for increasing cultural diversity in data services
Area of expertise
Data science and management
How will you verify the specialist is right for the role?
- Work history
How will you evaluate the specialists?
|Seller question||Buyer answer|
|1. Do candidates need to be an Australian Citizen or can they be Perm Res||They can be a permanent resident, as long as the candidate has lived in Aus for 3 - 5 years. Since the federal background checks can take up to 6 months for non citizen who have lived in Aus for less than 5 years. We would like the candidate to start ASAP.|
|2. Did the Actuarial Analyst role (1482) get filled? Is this a new requirement?||No the Actuarial Analysts role has not been filled, the business area managers are still reviewing the candidates. This is a new request.|
|3. Good Morning, We would like to know if the client has a max hourly or day rate they are looking for? Thank||Please refer to the NDIA Enterprise Agreement as outlined in the brief|
|4. Do you need the response to each selection criteria if the requirements have been reflected in CV?||Please state, as per CV in the selection criteria|
|5. Can you please confirm that this is a contract opportunity and that the rate of pay will be equivalent to EL1 range $99,154 - $119,471 per annum?||Confirm – contract opportunity. Daily rates to be negotiated based on experience/qualifications|
|6. Could we submit senior candidates at a rate higher than EL1 equivalent based on individual experience?||Daily rates to be negotiated based on experience/qualifications|
|7. What will be the daily charge rate for an experienced candidate excldusing super||EL1 equivalent classification. Please see the online NDIA enterprise agreement, appendix A, for ASP classification rates.|
|8. Can you please confirm that this is a contract opportunity and that the rate of pay will be equivalent to EL1 range $99,154 - $119,471 per annum?’||Yes|
Interested in this opportunity?
Before you can apply for this opportunity, you need to:
- Register to join the Marketplace.
- Submit a case study and pricing for Data science and check your documents are up-to-date.
- Request an assessment of your case study for Data science.