Only invited sellers can apply for an 'Open to one' or 'Open to selected' opportunity.
Learn more about Open to selected opportunities.Sign in to continue
This opportunity is closed for applications.
The deadline was Friday 7 September 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Opportunity ID
- Deadline for asking questions
- Friday 31 August 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Closing date for applications
- Friday 7 September 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Friday 24 August 2018
Write a summary of your brief The BoM is seeking creative, capable and adaptable professionals to fill Organisational Change Lead roles to support project delivery on a multi-year technology program. Each role will be responsible for all activities across the organisational change management lifecycle for the Observations delivery stream, managing across multiple projects.
What is the latest start date?
How long is the contract? Up to 30 June 2019, with up to 2 x 12-month extensions subject to funds availability and delegate approval.
Where can the work take place?
Who will the specialist work for?
Bureau of Meteorology
How much can you spend per day? All inclusive of $1250 inc. GST
About the work
Who will the specialist work with? They will be working in a matrix environment reporting into the Program Transformation Office and Delivery Stream Program Manager. They will also work with the Enterprise Transformation Team to provide input into enterprise change planning and ensure appropriate coordination of change activities across internal and external stakeholder groups.
What will the specialist do? This role will be responsible for all OCM deliverables and activities, including the development and implementation of the organisational change plan, for the relevant observations delivery stream. Managing across multiple projects, the role is responsible for identifying business impacts, working with business owners and impacted stakeholders to develop mitigation plans and executing activities across the project delivery lifecycle to minimise disruption and support the transition to new ways of working. Following the Bureau's OCM framework and approach, the role will provide specialist OCM advice to program and project managers and day-to-day management of change resources assigned to the stream.
Any additional relevant information? Australian Citizens only
Where will the work take place? 700 Collins Street
Docklands VIC 3008
What are the working arrangements? The successful candidate will be primarily located at the Bureau's Head Office located at 700 Collins Street, Docklands, Victoria.
Interstate travel may be required, Bureau approval to travel is to be sought before travel is organised through endorsed Whole of Government travel arrangements.
Is security clearance required? At commencement, the successful candidate must obtain and maintain baseline security clearance at a minimum.
Further information can be obtained from the link below:
• Security Clearance Fact Sheet
• Security Clearance FAQs
• Getting a Security Clearance
• Citizenship Requirements for People Born after 20 August 1986
Additional terms and conditions Nil
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate sellers’ technical competence.
Essential skills and experience
- Successful track record of undertaking a similar role for comprehensive organisational change of a similar scale - 8+ years experience in Organisational Change Management.
- Experience working on large transformation programs.
- Experience across all aspects of organisational change management including change leadership; business engagement, communication and stakeholder management; business impact assessment and transition planning; learning and performance support.
- People management.
- Certification or several years’ experience at a senior level, as an expert practitioner of recognised organisational change management frameworks, models and techniques.
- Experience working within both waterfall and agile project delivery approaches.
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Operations/capital infrastructure or technical workforce teams
- Previous experience working with multiple vendors including to deliver components of OCM, such as training.
- Previous experience on Operations/captial infrastrucuture or IT Security programs/projects
- Previous experience introducing new capability into an organisation.
- PROSCI accreditation preferred.
How sellers will be evaluated
How many specialists will you evaluate?
- Nurtures productive working relationships
- Builds and sustains collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Communicates with influence
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills with internal and external stakeholders.
- Negotiates persuasively.
- Demonstrates integrity, ethical behaviour, and upholds APS values and Code of Conduct and commits to the various elements of the Bureau’s Social Justice Strategy.
- Displays resilience and self-awareness, and a commitment to personal development.
Area of expertise
Change and transformation
How will you verify the specialist is right for the role?
- Work history
How will you evaluate the specialists?
No questions have been asked or answered yet.