Only invited sellers can apply for an 'Open to one' or 'Open to selected' opportunity.
Learn more about Open to selected opportunities.Sign in to continue
This opportunity is closed for applications.
The deadline was Friday 3 August 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Opportunity ID
- Deadline for asking questions
- Tuesday 31 July 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Closing date for applications
- Friday 3 August 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Friday 27 July 2018
Write a summary of your brief Principal Enterprise Architects required that will be responsible for overseeing and guiding the development of architectural sub-strategies, blueprints and roadmaps that underpin the delivery of the Home Affairs Technology Strategy 2020.
What is the latest start date?
Personnel require Security Clearance and Employment Suitability Clearance prior to commencement.
How long is the contract? August 2018 * to 30 June 2019.
* Specified Personnel require a Security Clearance and Employment Suitability Clearance prior to commencement.
Where can the work take place?
Australian Capital Territory
Who will the specialist work for?
Department of Home Affairs
How much can you spend per day?
About the work
Who will the specialist work with? Specified Personnel will be working with Senior Executives, CIO, Senior Responsible Offices (SROs), Strategic Architecture (Business & Enterprise Architecture), and ICT Delivery Leads.
What will the specialist do? The Principal Enterprise Architect will be responsible for overseeing and guiding the development of architectural sub-strategies, blueprints and roadmaps that underpin the delivery of the Home Affairs Technology Strategy 2020. These activities also include:
Providing leadership to multi-disciplinary groups across business, application, information and the solution architect guild across the department;
Developing working models of business, information, application and infrastructure architecture layers;
Building and maintaining effective working relationships with senior responsible officers (SRO) business owners and delivery teams;
Leading advisor to the Chair Architecture Review Board (ARB).
Any additional relevant information? Specified Personnel’s performance will be monitored during the contract term and assessed against their achievement of described deliverables in accordance with applicable technical standards and Departmental Policies.
Specified Personnel will be expected to:
• Produce and provide input into a range of documentation that will be specific to business related outcomes; and
• Maintain accurate documentation in relation to business and technical requirements.
Specified Personnel will be required to produce the following documentation:
• Architecture artefacts;
• Enterprise level strategies and roadmaps;
• Various Reporting;
• Executive briefings;
• Other documentation as required.
Where will the work take place? Canberra, ACT
What are the working arrangements? Minimum 4 days on-site in Canberra
Is security clearance required? The Department requires Specified Personnel to have a minimum BASELINE security clearance prior to commencement unless otherwise specified.
Note: The Contractor will be required to meet the cost of any security clearances.
The Department also requires Specified Personnel to obtain and maintain an Employment Suitability Clearance.
Additional terms and conditions Supplier to confirm:
• That no supplier or nominated sub-contractors have been named as not complying with the Workplace Gender Equality ACT 2012;
• That supplier and nominated sub-contractors agree to comply with the Department’s policy of not engaging illegal workers;
• That supplier, or nominated sub-contractors, do not have any judicial decision against them (including any decisions under appeal) relating to unpaid employee entitlements; and
• If nominated sub-contractor/s is a through an Indigenous Enterprise (being an organisation that is 50 per cent or more Indigenous owned that is operating a business).
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate sellers’ technical competence.
Essential skills and experience
- Demonstrated track record of strategic thought leadership skills;
- Demonstrated experience in the development of Enterprise Architecture for large organisations and large programs of work;
- Excellent leadership skills and demonstrated experience in leading a team of architects;
- Excellent communication and consulting skills;
- Significant experience communicating, building and maintaining relationships at Senior Executive levels;
- Demonstrated experience in capital planning, business case development, developing ICT costings in a complex government policy and service delivery environment.
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Significant experience in developing effective solutions across various COTS and bespoke applications;
- Demonstrated understanding of complex ICT systems and supporting infrastructure;
- Expert level knowledge of specific technologies used in the Department’s ICT systems and networks;
How sellers will be evaluated
How many specialists will you evaluate?
- Transparent and collaborative approach to working with a large set of internal and external stakeholders;
- Outcome focused and work at pace to achieve key deadlines;
- Promote a positive culture and build strong working relationships.
Area of expertise
Strategy and policy
How will you verify the specialist is right for the role?
- Work history
How will you evaluate the specialists?
No questions have been asked or answered yet.