This opportunity is closed for applications.
The deadline was Monday 23 July 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Opportunity ID
- Deadline for asking questions
- Monday 16 July 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Closing date for applications
- Monday 23 July 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Monday 9 July 2018
Write a summary of your brief The Digital Transformation Agency is seeking an Operations/Helpdesk Officer to work in an agile, multidisciplinary team building the Digital Marketplace.
What is the latest start date?
How long is the contract? 6 months initially with possible 6 month extension
Where can the work take place?
- Australian Capital Territory
- New South Wales
Who will the specialist work for?
Digital Transformation Agency
How much can you spend per day?
About the work
Who will the specialist work with? The Operations/Helpdesk Officer will work in a multidisciplinary team building the Digital Marketplace. They support other team members to ensure the smooth operation and administration of daily activities within the branch.
What will the specialist do? The Digital Transformation Agency is seeking an Operations/Helpdesk Officer to work in an agile, multidisciplinary team building the Digital Marketplace.
Any additional relevant information?
Where will the work take place? The Digital Transformation Agency's Sydney or Canberra offices.
What are the working arrangements? Working full time, onsite with potential travel when required.
Is security clearance required? A Current Commonwealth Government security clearance is required.
Additional terms and conditions
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate sellers’ technical competence.
Essential skills and experience
- Experience managing and/or supervising help-desks.
- Experience assessing financial stability, governance arrangements and product offerings of businesses.
- Experience in the assessment of case studies, references and supporting documentation.
- Experience in the management of stakeholders both internal and external to government.
- Experience managing sensitive, difficult and unusual problems relating to customer service.
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- An ability to coordinate assessments with subject matter experts.
- Experience delivering services in an agile way at all levels of an organisation.
- A genuine understanding of the Commonwealth procurement framework including the Commonwealth Procurement Rules.
How sellers will be evaluated
How many specialists will you evaluate?
- Enthusiasm for user centred approach to design and delivery
- Ability to build rapport with a diverse range of users
- Flexible and pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Understands that the unit of delivery is the team
Area of expertise
Business support and operations
How will you verify the specialist is right for the role?
How will you evaluate the specialists?
|Seller question||Buyer answer|
|1. What is the equivalent categorisation of this role (APS level)||The role as a junior to middle level role, so APS 4.|
|2. Who are the multidisciplinary teams (is this across the organisation?)||Multidisciplinary teams is an AGILE term meaning "A team made up of members with varied but complimentary experience, qualifications, and skills that contribute to the achievement of the organisation's specific objectives. DTA runs many projects that all follow the multidisciplinary rule of thumb the team in question is made up with Developers, Designers, Operational Staff and Project Management staff.|
|3. Will this role will be reporting to a Manager of Operations/Help Desk team?||Yes, there is a panel manager that runs the day to day work of the operations team.|
|4. What would the ‘daily activities’ entail supporting customers of the organisation, would this constitute follow through in building the Digital MarketPlace?||What would the ‘daily activities’ entail supporting customers of the organisation, would this constitute follow through in building the Digital MarketPlace?|
|5. Is current commonwealth security clearance essential, or will the buyer consider applicants who are eligible to gain clearance?||A Current Commonwealth Government security clearance is required.|
Interested in this opportunity?
Before you can apply for this opportunity, you need to:
- Register to join the Marketplace.
- Submit a case study and pricing for Support and Operations and check your documents are up-to-date.
- Request an assessment of your case study for Support and Operations.