This opportunity is closed for applications.
The deadline was Wednesday 13 June 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Opportunity ID
- Deadline for asking questions
- Friday 8 June 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Closing date for applications
- Wednesday 13 June 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Wednesday 6 June 2018
Write a summary of your brief We are seeking a technical lead to join one of our existing delivery teams.
What is the latest start date?
2 July 2018
How long is the contract? Up to 6 months with a 6 month extension option
Where can the work take place?
- Australian Capital Territory
- New South Wales
Who will the specialist work for?
Digital Transformation Agency
How much can you spend per day? $XXX INC GST
About the work
Who will the specialist work with? You will be working in an existing team comprising of a delivery manager, product manager, user researcher, developer/s and service designer.
What will the specialist do? The technical lead will work in a multidisciplinary team to build world class government digital services. You will be helping government do the hard work to radically improve government information and services. You will work in an agile way to build world-class government digital services using modern open source tools and frameworks (Ruby, Python, Java).
Any additional relevant information?
Where will the work take place? Sydney and Canberra
What are the working arrangements? Working onsite full time, 5 days per week.
Is security clearance required? Current Commonwealth Government baseline security clearance an advantage, otherwise the ability to obtain one.
Additional terms and conditions N/A
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate sellers’ technical competence.
Essential skills and experience
- Excellent development skills in one or more of Ruby, Python, Golang, Java
- Familiarity with one or more web frameworks such as Rails, Django
- Experience building and running easy-to-use and reliable REST microservices with clearly defined usage contracts that users love
- Experience working in and contributing to open source projects and culture an enormous plus (contributions beyond code are highly valued).
- Research and weigh up competing technology choices and make informed decisions based on user needs, with a preference for open source technology
- Humble leadership of multidisciplinary engineers within a cross-functional team where coaching, mentoring and enabling people are what you do
Nice-to-have skills and experience
Knowledge of the methodology used by the DTA, familiarity with the research and design community within DTA and the APS.
How sellers will be evaluated
How many specialists will you evaluate?
- Ability to work in co-located teams
- Promote a positive creative culture and help to build a strong technical reputation for DTA
- Work at pace as part of an agile multi-disciplined team
Area of expertise
Software engineering and development
How will you verify the specialist is right for the role?
How will you evaluate the specialists?
|Seller question||Buyer answer|
|1. Those are very different skillset. Which one are the primary one that you need Excellent development skills in one or more of Ruby, Python, Golang, Java||The primary developer skill is Python, however the other skills are also important.|
|2. can you consider PR ?||They must be an Australian Citizen|
Interested in this opportunity?
Before you can apply for this opportunity, you need to:
- Register to join the Marketplace.
- Submit a case study and pricing for Software engineering and Development and check your documents are up-to-date.
- Request an assessment of your case study for Software engineering and Development.