This opportunity is closed for applications.
The deadline was Wednesday 6 June 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Opportunity ID
- Deadline for asking questions
- Wednesday 30 May 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Closing date for applications
- Wednesday 6 June 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Wednesday 23 May 2018
Write a summary of your brief Opportunity for a Digital Communications Officer to play an important role in ensuring stakeholders are informed about the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
What is the latest start date?
How long is the contract? 6 months with possibility to extend (3 months)
Where can the work take place?
Who will the specialist work for?
National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA)
How much can you spend per day?
About the work
Who will the specialist work with? You will work within the Media and Social Media branch, under direction from the Director, Digital Communications
What will the specialist do? As a National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) Digital Communications Officer you will play an important role in ensuring stakeholders are informed about the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
Working as part of a team you will be responsible for the delivery of NDIA online communications. You will support the development and delivery of online communication content, working with a variety of internal stakeholders.
You will also have substantial experience in writing and editing content for digital channels combined with a working knowledge of content management systems.
Any additional relevant information? The Digital Communications Officer will:
• Contribute to the development and production of online communications materials, in consultation with internal stakeholders, so as to meet tight timeframes and deliver quality results under pressure.
• Ensure all communication materials are accessible and align with the NDIS style and brand guidelines.
• As directed, produce/edit content for the NDIS website.
• Publish content to the NDIS website using a Drupal based platform (govCMS).
• Promote workplace practices consistent with agency policy and in accordance with APS values and leadership behaviours.
Where will the work take place? NDIA National Office, Geelong
What are the working arrangements? Full time Monday to Friday
7.5 hours per day / 37.5 hours per week
Is security clearance required? Government Entry Level Check required
Additional terms and conditions
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate sellers’ technical competence.
Essential skills and experience
- Experience creating communications for people with a disability to maximise participation in community.
- Experience working with content management systems including: Drupal, govCMS, Joomla
- Ability to write concise and effective communication of a range of internal and external audiences
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Tertiary qualifications in public affairs, media or marketing, journalism, communications or public relations or equivalent experience
- Experience working with content management systems
- Experience in working with disability
How sellers will be evaluated
How many specialists will you evaluate?
- Positive contemporary attitudes to people with disability.
- Understanding and knowledge of disability and its impact on individuals.
- Ability to work within the team and adapt quickly to a changing environment.
Area of expertise
Marketing, communications and engagement
How will you verify the specialist is right for the role?
- Work history
How will you evaluate the specialists?
No questions have been asked or answered yet.
Interested in this opportunity?
Before you can apply for this opportunity, you need to:
- Register to join the Marketplace.
- Submit a case study and pricing for Marketing, Communications and Engagement and check your documents are up-to-date.
- Request an assessment of your case study for Marketing, Communications and Engagement.