This opportunity is closed for applications.
The deadline was Tuesday 29 May 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Opportunity ID
- Deadline for asking questions
- Thursday 24 May 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Closing date for applications
- Tuesday 29 May 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Tuesday 22 May 2018
Write a summary of your brief A Scrum Master is the facilitator for an agile development team. We are seeking a competent and skilled Scrum Master to partner with teams to support the improvement of agile maturity, knowledge and skills across the organisation.
What is the latest start date?
How long is the contract?
Where can the work take place?
Australian Capital Territory
Who will the specialist work for?
Department of Industry, Innovation and Science
How much can you spend per day?
About the work
Who will the specialist work with? The Scrum Master will be working with multi-disciplinary teams within the Whole of Government Services branch within the Digital Strategy and Operations Division.
What will the specialist do? Scrum Master Services
Any additional relevant information?
Where will the work take place? Industry House 10 Binara Street CANBERRA CITY ACT
What are the working arrangements? One full-time position.
Candidate should be available on-site. Maximum contract hours is 2000 hrs.
On rare occasions some afterhours work may be required.
Is security clearance required? Minimum Baseline security clearance required.
IMPORTANT: Where the need for a security clearance has been identified (as above), the Commonwealth requires all Specified Personnel to undergo a security clearance. Specified Personnel must have completed and submitted a security pack to the Australian Government Security Vetting Agency prior to commencement.
Additional terms and conditions Proposed initial Start Date 1 July 2018 for a period of up to 12 months with the possibility of two extension options for a period of 12 months each.
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate sellers’ technical competence.
Essential skills and experience
- Methodology agnostic, knowledge and experience in Agile and Lean principles and practices, including Scrum and Kanban, with a focus of leveraging the right approach contextually for the problem at hand
- Strong experience implementing, running and teaching Kanban and Scrum
- Desire and ability to work within a highly collaborative environment
- Strong communication, presentation, and facilitation skills
- Engaging personality with the ability to describe new concepts in an easy-to-understand manner
- Experience in working with teams at different levels of Agile maturity and with different constraints, taking a pragmatic approach to finding what works best.
- Effectively communicate with the branch and the broader department on Agile techniques and benefits
- Develop robust strategies and tools for Agile implementation
- Experience as a Scrum Master within Government
Nice-to-have skills and experience
How sellers will be evaluated
How many specialists will you evaluate?
- We delivery quality services
- We work as a team
- We have fun as a team
- We challenge assumptions
- Learning is a key component of how we work
- We collaborate with other areas within the branch and broader organisation
Area of expertise
Agile delivery and governance
How will you verify the specialist is right for the role?
- Work history
How will you evaluate the specialists?
|Seller question||Buyer answer|
|1. Could you please advise if you will accept Australian Citizens only for this opportunity||We will only accept Australian Citizens for this opportunity|
|2. Can you please confirm which team within DIIS this role is with?||The role will be within the Whole of Government Systems branch in the Digital Strategy and Operations Division.|
|3. Just confirming, does this person need to have an existing clearance in place or just be an Australian Citizen who can obtain one? Also, is there any more information on the size of teams this person will be working with and the types of projects specifically that are being conducted?||An existing clearance to baseline is required however the department will sponsor a clearance if a suitable candidate does not hold one. The team/s will be no fewer than six and no larger than ten. The projects range from upgrade releases on BAU Whole of Government systems to development of new functionality on existing systems.|
|4. Is the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science willing to accept Australian citizens without a clearance for this role?||An existing clearance to baseline is required however the department will sponsor a clearance if a suitable candidate does not hold one.|
|5. How long is the contract with extension options?||Proposed initial Start Date 1 July 2018 for a period of up to 12 months with the possibility of two extension options for a period of 12 months each. Please refer to the 'Additional Information' section on the Opportunity.|
|6. Do candidates need to submit response to selection criteria if the requirements are well reflected in their CV?||Responses to the selection criteria are required.|
Interested in this opportunity?
Before you can apply for this opportunity, you need to:
- Register to join the Marketplace.
- Submit a case study and pricing for Agile delivery and Governance and check your documents are up-to-date.
- Request an assessment of your case study for Agile delivery and Governance.