Only invited sellers can apply for an 'Open to one' or 'Open to selected' opportunity.
Learn more about Open to selected opportunities.Sign in to continue
This opportunity is closed for applications.
The deadline was Wednesday 23 May 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Opportunity ID
- Wednesday 16 May 2018
- Deadline for asking questions
- Friday 18 May 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Closing date for applications
- Wednesday 23 May 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
Write a summary of your brief DSS is seeking specialised services to assist in the development of tools on various platforms including Avoka, Infinity and Oracle Policy Automation to deliver electronic document, form development as well as a policy platform.
Resultant contract will be established as an on demand engagement (over a 12 month term).
What is the latest start date?
How long is the contract? Initial engagement will be for a 12 month period with extension options not to exceed 12 months.
Where can the work take place?
Australian Capital Territory
Who will the specialist work for?
Department of Social Services
How much can you spend per day? NA
About the work
Who will the specialist work with? DSS internal staff
What will the specialist do? Support the Department’s development of a platform to provide IT solutions for the design and development of various technologies, working with business and IT teams to deliver a product that is integrated with the following existing products:
- Oracle Policy Automation
DSS is seeking various resources, junior and experienced specialists, available on demand at short notice, to support our team to deliver projects. For junior specialists we are prepared to train in our development toolsets and the methods we employ to integrate our services.
Experienced specialists would be able to demonstrate the appropriate existing skill levels.
Any additional relevant information? The Role
The specialists will support the Department’s continued development of a platform to provide IT solutions to assist in the design and development of various technologies, working closely with business and other IT teams to deliver a quality product that is integrated with existing products.
Avoka Technology develops Smart Forms where applicants complete an online application integrated into the departments grants System.
Infiniti Technology develops Electronic Documents providing applicants with correspondence, from the department, in regards to their applications and grants.
Avoka and Infiniti Technology
Provide development services to the department for application form and electronic document development with integration to the Siebel platform. The specialist would include knowledge of the Project Development Life Cycle as well as good communication skills and the ability to work as part of a small team to understand the integration components. The specialist would work closely with business teams to deliver a quality product. The services would include:
• Engaging with key stakeholders, forming partnerships with relevant teams;
• Running design workshops;
• Eliciting requirements with the ability to offer alternative solutions;
• Demonstrated understanding of agile development;
• Collaborating with Business and IMTG to develop forms and Electronic Documentation;
• Using Infiniti and Avoka IDE’s to construct solutions for business;
• Follow IMTG processes to meet deliverables.
Oracle Policy Automation
Provide IT solutions for the design and development of Oracle policy modelling tool sets to assist with refining policy design, development and implementation and providing Oracle IT solutions to assist with data collection and decision making activities in particular with the grant administration activities.
The services to be undertaken include:
• Engaging with key stakeholders, forming key partnership across policy areas within the department and IMTG;
• Providing strategic advice on Oracle IT solutions to support the design, development and implementation of Policy Modelling tools;
• Designing, developing and maintaining Oracle IT Solutions for Policy Modelling and Grant Administration activities; and
• Engaging in the Software Development Lifecycle and adapting development techniques where needed ensure responsive delivery of the IT solution.
Where will the work take place? Aviation House, Woden ACT
What are the working arrangements? On Demand engagements.
DSS will issue requests for assistance and the successful vendor/s is required to provide suitable candidates in short turn around times.
Is security clearance required? NA
Additional terms and conditions NA
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate sellers’ technical competence.
Essential skills and experience
- Ability to provide resources that can be ramped up and ramped down to meet requirements
- Demonstrated previous experience in delivering comparable services
- Staff put forward by an agency for these roles must have the following mandatory qualifications/skills:
Nice-to-have skills and experience
How sellers will be evaluated
How many specialists will you evaluate?
Area of expertise
Software engineering and development
How will you verify the specialist is right for the role?
- Work history
How will you evaluate the specialists?
No questions have been asked or answered yet.