Only invited sellers can apply for an 'Open to one' or 'Open to selected' opportunity.
Learn more about Open to selected opportunities.Sign in to continue
This opportunity is closed for applications.
The deadline was Monday 28 May 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Opportunity ID
- Deadline for asking questions
- Monday 21 May 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Closing date for applications
- Monday 28 May 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Monday 14 May 2018
Write a summary of your brief Exciting opportunity for a Strategic Risk Specialist
What is the latest start date?
How long is the contract? Up to 3 years
Where can the work take place?
Who will the specialist work for?
How much can you spend per day?
About the work
Who will the specialist work with? As part of the Strategic Risk and Reporting Team, you will support other teams and Agency partners to capture opportunities and prevent, detect and respond to threats in delivering the NDIS.
You will assist Director, Strategic Risk and Reporting to support the Branch Manager, Risk, Chief Risk Officer, Agency Board and Senior Executive in maintaining an effective strategic risk management framework that ensures the Agency is prepared for risk and can confidently anticipate and manage opportunities and threats as they arise.
What will the specialist do? Position Purpose
As a Strategic Risk Specialist, you will support the Strategic Risk and Reporting Team to assist the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA or the Agency) and its community partners to deliver a high performance, high integrity, trusted National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
As part of the Strategic Risk and Reporting Team, you will support other teams and Agency partners to capture opportunities and prevent, detect and respond to threats in delivering the NDIS.
Any additional relevant information? Duties
As a Strategic Risk Specialist you will be responsible for a number of tasks, including:
- Providing input into the Agency’s risk management strategy, contributing to consistent implementation of risk management policy and procedures and positive risk culture within the Agency;
- Providing high quality advice and insight to the Director, Strategic Risk and Reporting to maintain the effectiveness of the Agency’s strategic risk management framework, including undertaking the annual review of the Agency’s risk appetite statement;
- Monitoring and analysing strategic risks, including risk tolerance settings, risk treatment plans and an analysis of systemic cross-Agency risks to identify future trends and policy environment impacts;
- Coordinating the strategic and enterprise risk reporting for the Executive Leadership Team’s committees and the Board’s Audit and Risk committees, including emerging issues and incidents consolidation;
- Assisting with the team elements of the branch business plan and budget allocations to ensure that expenditure meets all appropriate governance standards and is kept within budget limits.
- Taking reasonable care for your own health and safety and for that of others in the workplace by working in accordance with legislative requirements and NDIA’s work health and safety (WHS) policies and procedures;
- Coordinating and liaising with internal and external stakeholders as required; and
- Other duties as required.
Where will the work take place? Geelong and/or Melbourne
What are the working arrangements? Work full time Monday to Friday
Is security clearance required? Government entry level check required
NDIA will organise and pay
Additional terms and conditions
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate sellers’ technical competence.
Essential skills and experience
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in risk, business or other related discipline, and membership of appropriate professional organisations
- Significant experience as a risk management practitioner, including experience within the public sector.
Nice-to-have skills and experience
How sellers will be evaluated
How many specialists will you evaluate?
- Fast paced environment
- Positive contemporary attitudes to people with disability and an extensive understanding and knowledge of the impact of disability and how reasonable and necessary supports can impact on a person’s ability to participate in community and economic life.
Area of expertise
Agile delivery and governance
How will you verify the specialist is right for the role?
- Work history
How will you evaluate the specialists?
No questions have been asked or answered yet.