This opportunity is closed for applications.
The deadline was Thursday 17 May 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Opportunity ID
- Thursday 10 May 2018
- Deadline for asking questions
- Monday 14 May 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Closing date for applications
- Thursday 17 May 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
Write a summary of your brief The Digital Transformation Agency is seeking an Operations Officer to work in an agile, multidisciplinary team building the Digital Marketplace.
What is the latest start date?
How long is the contract? 6 months initially with possible 6 month extension
Where can the work take place?
- Australian Capital Territory
- New South Wales
Who will the specialist work for?
Digital Transformation Agency
How much can you spend per day?
About the work
Who will the specialist work with? The Operations Officer will work in a multidisciplinary team building the Digital Marketplace. They support other team members and ensure the smooth operation and administration of daily activities within the branch.
What will the specialist do? The Digital Transformation Agency is seeking an Operations Officer to work in an agile, multidisciplinary team building the Digital Marketplace.
Any additional relevant information? Role specific tasks:
- Manage the help desk and work with buyers and sellers. Resolve complicated queries and complaints. Work with the team to identify issues and use good judgement to decide when to escalate issues. Ensure that issues and concerns are addressed promptly and correctly.
- Verify businesses applying to join the Digital Marketplace. Review business information with a focus on business capability, finances, compliance and commercial health and capability to inform verification outcomes. Communicate outcomes transparently and quickly.
- Manage assessment of seller domains of expertise. Coordinate with experts to verify sellers and review domains of expertise. Use your general operations skills to bridge gap between complicated expert advice and high level communications.
- Analyse and make recommendations based on customer interactions to develop the Marketplace. These recommendations need to be actionable and easily understood by all levels of officers at the DTA.
Where will the work take place? The Digital Transformation Agency's Sydney or Canberra offices.
What are the working arrangements? Working full time, onsite with potential travel when required.
Is security clearance required? A Current Commonwealth Government security clearance is required.
Additional terms and conditions N/A
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate sellers’ technical competence.
Essential skills and experience
- Experience managing and/or supervising help-desks.
- Experience assessing financial stability, governance arrangements and product offerings of businesses.
- Experience in the assessment of case studies, references and supporting documentation.
- Experience in the management of stakeholders both internal and external to government.
- Experience managing sensitive, difficult and unusual problems relating to customer service.
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- An ability to coordinate assessments with subject matter experts.
- Experience delivering services in an agile way at all levels of an organisation.
- A genuine understanding of the Commonwealth procurement framework including the Commonwealth Procurement Rules.
How sellers will be evaluated
How many specialists will you evaluate?
- Enthusiasm for user centred approach to design and delivery
- Ability to build rapport with a diverse range of users
- Flexible and pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Understands that the unit of delivery is the team
Area of expertise
Business support and operations
How will you verify the specialist is right for the role?
- Work history
How will you evaluate the specialists?
|Seller question||Buyer answer|
|1. How much is this role paying?||The rate is evaluated and determined as part of the value for money statement based on depth of skill and experience.|
|2. Can we submit candidates that are citizens with the ability to gain clearance?||Yes, that is fine.|
|3. How many people are in the team?||There are 14 in the multi-disciplinary team.|
|4. Would you consider Australian Citizens without security clearance? If not, would you be able to specify the clearance that you are expecting to have?||Yes, we would.|