This opportunity is closed for applications.
The deadline was Tuesday 8 May 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Opportunity ID
- Deadline for asking questions
- Thursday 3 May 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Closing date for applications
- Tuesday 8 May 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Tuesday 1 May 2018
Write a summary of your brief We require a creative, capable and adaptable professional to fill the Human Resources (HR) Lead role. You must be comfortable operating in a strategic, consultative and hands-on capacity and thrive in an innovative, fast-paced environment, can roll up their sleeves, work hard, have fun, and get the job done.
What is the latest start date?
How long is the contract?
Where can the work take place?
Who will the specialist work for?
The successful candidate will work for The Bureau of Meteorology within the Robust Program.
How much can you spend per day?
About the work
Who will the specialist work with? The role will manage a small HR team, liasion and support for Robust Senior Leadership Team, communications across internal Bureau divisions and corporate real esate stakeholders. You will be the central point of contact for agencies and vendor contracts in terms of negotiatons/engagements.
This role will report to the General Manager - Business & Governance within the Robust Program.
What will the specialist do? Develop and implement a HR strategy for the Robust Program which includes planning and implementing the future state of ICT operation model.
Manage end to end recruitment/procurement processes including onboarding for APS and contractor resources, offboarding, talent management functions and be a central point of contact for agency and vendor contract term negotiations/engagements.
Provide HR Strategies, support, retention, allocation, performance management and transition of program resources.
Provide support and solutions to Senior Leadership Team and internal stakeholders on all issues relating to employee relations, remuneration, recruitment and performance management.
Oversee/co-ordinate accommodation requirements for the Robust program with corporate real estate.
Any additional relevant information? Mandatory
•Proven generalist Human Resources experience ideally within a complex project environment providing support, coaching and advice at all levels
• Demonstrated previous experience in similar role.
• Delivers on intended results and outcomes.
Where will the work take place? 700 Collins Street, Docklands VIC 3008
What are the working arrangements? • On-site 5 days per week
• Required to attend all meeting relevant to the planning and implementing the future state of ICT opration model, issues relating to employee relations, remuneration, recruitment and performance management and including any corporate real estate requirements for Robust program.
• Schedule regular update meetings and document for contracts reviews within the Robust Program
• The candidate is expected to present the high level planning for the group of deliverables.
Is security clearance required? At commencement, the successful candidate must obtain and maintain baseline security clearance at a minimum.
Further information can be obtained from the link below:
• Security Clearance Fact Sheet
• Security Clearance FAQs
• Getting a Security Clearance
• Citizenship Requirements for People Born after 20 August 1986
Additional terms and conditions CONFLICT OF INTEREST
You represent and warrant that, to the best of Your knowledge after making diligent inquiry, no Conflict of Interest exists or is likely to arise in the performance of Your obligations under this Deed.
If, during this Deed a Conflict of Interest arises, or appears likely to arise, You must:
• notify the Agency immediately in writing with all relevant information; and
• take such steps as the Agency requires to resolve or otherwise deal with the Conflict of Interest
Intellectual Property Rights:
The Bureau requires ownership of Intellectual Property under the Contract
The Service Provider must obtain and maintain the following insurances:
a) public liability insurance for an amount not less than $10,000,000 per claim or series of occurrences giving rise to a claim;
b) professional indemnity insurance for an amount not less than $5,000,000, or occurrence giving rise to a claim; and
c) workers’ compensation in accordance with Victoria.
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate sellers’ technical competence.
Essential skills and experience
- Proven generalist Human Resources experience ideally within a complex project environment providing support, coaching and advice at all levels
- Demonstrated previous experience in similar role.
- Delivers on intended results and outcomes.
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Tertiary qualification in Human Resources, Business or a similar discipline or relevant experience
- Experience within a HRIS (preferably SAP)
How sellers will be evaluated
How many specialists will you evaluate?
- Abilty to cultivate productive relationships and work effectively with colleagues & stakeholders.
- Candidates expresses thoughts clearly in writing and verbally, project a positive manner in all forms of communication.
- Demonstrates intergrity, ethical behaviour, and upholds APS values and Code of Conduct and commits to the various elements of the Bureau's Social Justics Strategy.
Area of expertise
Agile delivery and governance
How will you verify the specialist is right for the role?
- Work history
How will you evaluate the specialists?
|Seller question||Buyer answer|
|1. What's the term of the role and any clarity on budget?||The estimated term of the role is from 07/05/2018 – 30/06/2018 with extension options of 2 x 12 month. Estimated hourly rate is $125.00 excl. GST Estimated hourly rate is $137.50 incl. GST Initial Term Value $42,900 incl. GST Initial Term Value $39,000 excl. GST Daily Rate $1,000 excl. GST Daily Rate $1,100 incl. GST|
|2. Will you consider permanent residents?||The candidate must be an Australian citizen to be successful to work within the Robust Program.|
|3. How in your organization and to what email address should be send request for update and information about previous requirement you have already assigned||All questions regarding briefs that are open on the Marketplace must be requested though the questions and answers portal. Updates on closed briefs only should be sent to email@example.com. Procurement@bom.gov.au will not respond to questions regarding open briefs.|
|4. Can the candidate have the ability to obtain a Baseline or do they need to have a Baseline?||At commencement, the successful candidate must obtain and maintain baseline security clearance at a minimum. Further information can be obtained from the link below: • Security Clearance Fact Sheet • Security Clearance FAQs • Getting a Security Clearance • Citizenship Requirements for People Born after 20 August 1986 The candidate must be an Australian citizen to be successful to work within the Robust Program.|
Interested in this opportunity?
Before you can apply for this opportunity, you need to:
- Register to join the Marketplace.
- Submit a case study and pricing for Agile delivery and Governance and check your documents are up-to-date.
- Request an assessment of your case study for Agile delivery and Governance.