Only invited sellers can apply for an 'Open to one' or 'Open to selected' opportunity.
Learn more about Open to selected opportunities.Sign in to continue
This opportunity is closed for applications.
The deadline was Friday 4 May 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Opportunity ID
- Deadline for asking questions
- Tuesday 1 May 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Closing date for applications
- Friday 4 May 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Friday 27 April 2018
Write a summary of your brief Department of Human Services is seeking a Strategic Advisor to support the Chief Citizen Experience Officer. This will include:
• Strategic audit, research, knowledge acquisition, team building/positioning and embedment
• Development of strategy, plan, objectives and timelines
• Implementing and ongoing counsel, with regular reporting and review of plans
What is the latest start date?
How long is the contract? Until 30 September 2018, with the option of extending at the department’s discretion
Where can the work take place?
New South Wales
Who will the specialist work for?
Department of Human Services
How much can you spend per day?
About the work
Who will the specialist work with? Department of Human Services, Chief Citizen Experience Office Division.
The Strategic Advisor will work with National Teams across change, customer experience, human resources, media relations and government relations. Additionally the Strategic Advisor will work closely with teams in the Chief Citizen Experience Office Division and the Payments Reform Group.
What will the specialist do? Reporting directly to the Chief Citizen Experience Officer, the Strategic Advisor will provide support to successfully create a plan for the implementation of new systems and new technologies. This will be through:
• Focus on customer experiences and adoption of new technologies and processes that are part of the CCXO’s remit and 2018 plan
• Implementation plan for upskilling of digital capabilities within the 2018 plan
• Influencing divisional understanding and collaborating to create the plan
• Stakeholder liaison and involvement to create plan
• Manage the external awareness and reputation of the division
Any additional relevant information? Overview:
The Chief Citizen Experience Office within the Department of Human Services was established to support the department’s increased focus on improving the citizen experience. The core functions of the Division include leading and coordinating uplift in capability, establishing an ongoing field research and analytics programme and developing strategies to drive higher performance and greater maturity in citizen experience outcomes. The division is also responsible for overseeing the core digital transformation programme and running the current digital business strategy.
The Strategic Advisor will be part of a team of experienced professionals who work across the department to advocate for the customers, and create and develop the future customer and digital strategy plan that will help lead and embed an improved and sustainable customer experience. The team is expected to work strategically across the department’s highest priority transformation change initiatives to generate cutting-edge, inspirational ideas to transform our services. A significant part of the plan to be created from this role will be to contribute to the growth of a customer experience-centric culture across the team, division and wider department. The plan will also lead the shaping of future capabilities in the department in customer, with a focus on staff capabilities, talent development and broader process and governance infrastructure to help support this.
Where will the work take place? The position will be based in Sydney with potential occasional travel to Canberra.
In Sydney, the proposed arrangement is a flexible mix of in-house presence and external office, likely with a strong in-house presence at the start of the contract.
What are the working arrangements? As required to meet deliverables.
No weekend work is required.
Is security clearance required? A baseline Security clearance will be required. Police Clearance and Probity Clearances will also be required for personnel engaged.
Additional terms and conditions Travel may be required. Travel expenses will not be reimbursed to attend primary location of work. Any travel and accommodation required to undertake the services will be booked and paid for by the Department. The successful applicant must not undertake any travel unless the Department has granted prior approval for that travel.
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate sellers’ technical competence.
Essential skills and experience
- Experience in strategic advisory
- Communications and/or marketing expertise
- Government experience
- Brand and public relations expertise
- Experience in working with senior stakeholders to craft an overall engagement plan
Nice-to-have skills and experience
How sellers will be evaluated
How many specialists will you evaluate?
- Ability to work with geographically dispersed teams
- Transparent and collaborative at all times
- Outcome focused - aligned to what is important and adds value
Area of expertise
Marketing, communications and engagement
How will you verify the specialist is right for the role?
- Work history
How will you evaluate the specialists?
No questions have been asked or answered yet.