Only invited sellers can apply for an 'Open to one' or 'Open to selected' opportunity.
Learn more about Open to selected opportunities.Sign in to continue
This opportunity is closed for applications.
The deadline was Thursday 3 May 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Opportunity ID
- Deadline for asking questions
- Monday 30 April 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Closing date for applications
- Thursday 3 May 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Thursday 26 April 2018
Write a summary of your brief ATO is seeking an CA GEN Conversion consultant with expertise in converting CA GEN so that we can assess the feasibility, make recommendations and estimate the effort required to enact a conversion program of work of this nature.
What is the latest start date?
How long is the contract? To be advised.
Where can the work take place?
Australian Capital Territory
Who will the specialist work for?
Australian Taxation Office (ATO)
About the work
Why is the work being done? The ATO conducting a Proof of Concept to confirm the feasibility of moving away from the CA GEN product that supports our systems.
What's the key problem you need to solve? ATO is currently using the CA GEN product in our enterprise portfolio. The ATO is seeking a vendor to prove the feasibility of converting our CA GEN model repository in a manner that is supports effective and efficient transition to high quality COBOL. The ATO proposes that the successful vendor, working with the team, will take a sample of the ATO's GEN models and return the converted code for our review and testing.
Describe the users and their needs ATO is seeking an CA GEN Conversion consultant with expertise in converting CA GEN so that we can assess the feasibility, make recommendations and estimate the effort required to enact a conversion program of work of this nature.
What work has already been done? Early discovery phase
Who will the work be done with? We will be working with a product/application owner, solution design and user design teams within ATO onsite.
Any additional relevant information? The CA GEN Conversion POC will need to prove/cater for:
• Windows Client / Server platform
• Mainframe Batch / CICS / DB2 platform
• Comm Proxy replacement (preferrably CICS Web services)
• Converted CA GEN code will need to be of high quality, maintainable and meet our coding & performance standards
• Integration and Interoperability between existing COBOL modules (including CA GEN over a phased implementation)
• Remove any dependancy upon the CA GEN License Runtimes"
What phase is the work in?
Where will the work take place? ATO National Office 21 Genge Street, Canberra City.
What are the working arrangements? This work will be orchastrated from our own Canberra office. Initial engagement onsite. Regular ongoing contact throughout the life of the engagement incuding workshops / demonstrations / assessments / reporting as required. Action can be completed remotely subject to the classification of the data.
Is security clearance required? The ATO requires, as a minimum, that all personnel working on this engagement must have a Pre-Engagement Integrity Check (PEIC).
Additional terms and conditions
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate sellers’ technical competence.
Essential skills and experience
- Demonstrate extensive technical experience with CA GEN on Windows and Mainframe environments.
- Proven CA GEN Migration experience and performance history.
- The quality of goods and services.
- Fitness for purpose of the proposal.
- Flexibility of the proposal.
- Whole-of-life costs.
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Proven ability to manage high level of workload whilst maintaining high levels of accuracy.
- Proactively identify opportunities to leverage technology for benefit of business and propose changes that would make our Enterprise Applications a more effective solution.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Display, educate and transfer knowledge to others, guide and mentor less experienced staff and work collaboratively to achieve business outcomes
How sellers will be evaluated
How many shortlisted sellers will you evaluate?
- Technical Solution
- Approach and methodology
- How the approach or solution meets your organisation’s policy or goal
- Estimated timeframes for the work
- How they’ve identified risks and dependencies and offered approaches to manage them
- Team structure
- Value for money
Cultural fit criteria
- Work as a team with our organisation and other suppliers
- Transparent and collaborative when making decisions
- Have a no-blame culture and encourage people to learn from their mistakes.
Capped time and materials
- Written proposal
- Case study
- Work history
No questions have been asked or answered yet.