Only invited sellers can apply for an 'Open to one' or 'Open to selected' opportunity.
Learn more about Open to selected opportunities.Sign in to continue
This opportunity is closed for applications.
The deadline was Monday 30 April 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Opportunity ID
- Deadline for asking questions
- Wednesday 25 April 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Closing date for applications
- Monday 30 April 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Monday 23 April 2018
Write a summary of your brief The role will contribute to user research and engagement to gather and analyse user insights, pain points and future improvement opportunities from claimants/customers, staff, stakeholders and identify opportunities for improvement.
User research findings will inform the Department’s future service design concepts and contribute to the development of Concepts of Operations.
What is the latest start date?
How long is the contract? Initial term to end December 2018 – extension option through to 30/06/2019
Where can the work take place?
- Australian Capital Territory
Who will the specialist work for?
Department of Human Services
How much can you spend per day?
About the work
Who will the specialist work with? This project is led by the Business Architecture Branch, in the Business Transformation Division of Payments Reform Group. You will work with existing project directors, business subject matter experts, user experience designers, strategic business designers, analysts and Legal teams.
You will collaborate with executives and business area staff, policy and other agencies, as necessary.
You will be working in partnership and integrate into our current Experience Design and Delivery team to enhance their current work and improve their UX and Service Design capability.
What will the specialist do? The role will be responsible for analysing customer data and reporting key findings. This will include;
- Analysis of customer satisfaction information and other relevant data against current user pathways, transactional information and pain point analysis; and
- Documenting findings from analysis for presentation to Executive groups and key stakeholders
Any additional relevant information? The Department of Human Services is currently undertaking the Welfare Payment Infrastructure Transformation (WPIT) Programme. The WPIT Programme is taking a whole-of-government approach to progressing the Department’s next phase of business-led transformation for welfare payments.
Where will the work take place? Brisbane or Canberra. Travel may be required to other sites at the expense of DHS.
What are the working arrangements? Blend of on and off-site, as required.
Is security clearance required? Police Clearance Checks and Probity Clearance will also be required for all personnel working on this engagement.
Additional terms and conditions Please note there is a submission restriction of 3 candidates per seller.
Travel may be required. Travel expenses will not be reimbursed to attend primary location of work. Any travel and accommodation required to undertake the services will be booked and paid for by the Department. The successful applicant must not undertake any travel unless the Department has granted prior approval for that travel.
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate sellers’ technical competence.
Essential skills and experience
- Demonstrated high level experience in human centred design in complex and multi-actor (government) policy and service delivery environment
- Demonstrated deep understanding of digital and user centred design principles and practices
- Demonstrated data analysis skills
- Proven track record of supporting senior executive investment decisions that span organisational boundaries (public and private sector)
- Demonstrated collaboration, presentation and communication skills and ability to work with all stakeholders particularly through periods of uncertainty and large-scale transformation
Nice-to-have skills and experience
How sellers will be evaluated
How many specialists will you evaluate?
- Ability to work with both internal and external Senior Executives
- Transparent and collaborative at all times
- Outcome and customer focused - aligned to what is important and adds value
Area of expertise
User research and design
How will you verify the specialist is right for the role?
- Work history
How will you evaluate the specialists?
No questions have been asked or answered yet.