Only invited sellers can apply for an 'Open to one' or 'Open to selected' opportunity.
Learn more about Open to selected opportunities.Sign in to continue
This opportunity is closed for applications.
The deadline was Friday 11 May 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Opportunity ID
- Friday 4 May 2018
- Deadline for asking questions
- Tuesday 8 May 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Closing date for applications
- Friday 11 May 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
Write a summary of your brief The Future Fund Management Agency is seeking a provider to assist in the design and implementation of an AWS VPC, including VPN and AD integration, to support development activities for its strategic project portfolio.
What is the latest start date?
How long is the contract?
Where can the work take place?
Who will the specialist work for?
Future Fund Management Agency
About the work
Why is the work being done? The Future Fund Management Agency ("the Agency") is undertaking a significant program of work to improve Investment Data Management capability. As part of this work there is an increasing need to support developers and development activity in ways that allows and enables Agile development practices.
This brief is seeking find a provider to help in the design and implementation of an AWS VPC, integrated into our existing network and IT infrastructure, that enables our development community.
What's the key problem you need to solve? Developers are currently constrained on several fronts:
* Application white-listing prevents installation of development tools, and also prevents experimentation with new development tools
* Server provisioning is performed by the Agency's managed service provider, a process which may take several weeks.
* There is limited capacity to provision additional servers in the environment
In summary the current server and software provision processes are an inhibitor to support Agile development practices.
Describe the users and their needs As a developer I need to be able to create and destroy virtual machines as required
As a developer I need to be able to install software on a virtual machine without relying on other parties
As a developer I need to be able to download software from the Internet and deploy it on a virtual machine
As a developer I need to be able to use AWS services such as S3, EC2, Lambada, Cloudwatch, KMS, etc.
As a security manager I need to ensure that servers are patched and maintained in-line with established policy
As a security manager I need to ensure that virtual machines created for development are segregated from other workloads (e.g. production)
As a security manager I need to ensure that Active Directory is the source of user authentication for virtual machines and cloud services
As a security manager I need to ensure that AWS privileges are only assigned to those that need them.
As an IT manager I need to ensure that costs associated with virtual machines are contained and managed
What work has already been done? The Agency has established an AWS account, and has already set-up isolate VPC. In addition the agency had a conceptual high-level design for the development VPC it would like to implement.
Who will the work be done with? You'll be working with the following IT stakeholders:
* Development team
* Security team
* Enterprise Technology team
Any additional relevant information?
What phase is the work in?
Where will the work take place? Level 42, 120 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
What are the working arrangements? The Agency is open to discussing the working arrangement that best meets the needs for this engagement, and is happy to consider a "fully on-site" or "on-site as required" model.
Is security clearance required? All provider resources will need to complete a successful background check. Implementation resources requiring elevated privileges (e.g. Domain Admin) will require a baseline security clearance.
Additional terms and conditions
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate sellers’ technical competence.
Essential skills and experience
- Have demonstrable experience with design and implementation of AWS VPC
- Have demonstrable experience with establishing AWS VPN
- Have demonstrable experience with AWS <> Active Directory integration
- Have demonstrable experience in developing Cloud Formation templates
- Be able to work with key stakeholders to determine needs and map them to AWS features and functionality
- Be able to educate key stakeholders in the principles and practice of using the implemented VPC and associated services
- Be able to work collaboratively with other 3rd parties to achieve the desired outcome
Nice-to-have skills and experience
How sellers will be evaluated
How many shortlisted sellers will you evaluate?
- Approach and methodology
- Estimated timeframes for the work
- Value for money
Cultural fit criteria
- Work as a team with our organisation and other suppliers
- Transparent and collaborative when making decisions
Time and materials
- Written proposal
No questions have been asked or answered yet.