This opportunity is closed for applications.
The deadline was Thursday 19 April 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Opportunity ID
- Deadline for asking questions
- Thursday 12 April 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Closing date for applications
- Thursday 19 April 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Thursday 5 April 2018
Write a summary of your brief Department of Human Services is seeking experienced programme office professionals to fill a number of roles to support a major transformation programme. Key activities will be focussed around supporting BAU operations as well as mobilisation of the next tranche of projects.
What is the latest start date?
7 May 2018 or on agreement with the department.
How long is the contract? Until 30 June 2019. (with a possible extension option)
Where can the work take place?
- Australian Capital Territory
Who will the specialist work for?
Department of Human Services
How much can you spend per day?
About the work
Who will the specialist work with? The roles will work within the Integrated Programme Office and/or the Office of the GM, WPIT ICT, and will coordinate activities with team members, and/or the project team responsible for mobilising new projects and executing active projects.
What will the specialist do? The 2 x Programme Directors / Senior Programme Managers will Plan, direct, coordinate, and lead a project to ensure that goals, objectives and all elements of the project are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters (Office of the General Manager – WPIT ICT).
Any additional relevant information? Working to the direction of the General Manager – WPIT ICT, the Programme Directors will plan, direct, coordinate, and lead a programmes of work to ensure that goals, objectives and all elements of the programme are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters. They manage the strategic aspects of large projects and mitigate any risk.
Where will the work take place? 1 x Programme Directors / Senior Programme Manager must be located in Melbourne, VIC. The 2nd role can be also located in Melbourne, VIC or Canberra ACT.
The locations are not negotiable.
What are the working arrangements? On site 5 business days per week (full time).
Is security clearance required? A (baseline) security clearance is preferred but not essential. Police Clearance Checks and Probity Clearance will also be required for all personnel working on this engagement.
Additional terms and conditions These roles may be required to travel from time to time.
The department reserves the right to, in its absolute discretion at any time, to vary the terms of this RFQ, including the structure, Evaluation Criteria, requirements, process or timing referred to in this RFQ.
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate sellers’ technical competence.
Essential skills and experience
- Managing the strategic aspects of large programmes / projects and mitigating risk.
- Direct and deliver highly complex, ICT projects within a broader programme environment where multiple interdependencies exist
- Ability to span both agile and traditional project delivery methodologies
- Highly developed stakeholder engagement and management skills
- Highly developed vendor / partner / sourcing management skills
- Highly developed communications and organisation skills
- Hold qualifications in project/programme management.
Nice-to-have skills and experience
How sellers will be evaluated
How many specialists will you evaluate?
- Ability to work with geographically dispersed teams
- Transparent and collaborative at all times
- Outcome focused - aligned to what is important and adds value
- Ability to apply a continuous improvement lens over work processes and practices, always seeking to optimise efficiency
Area of expertise
Agile delivery and governance
How will you verify the specialist is right for the role?
- Work history
How will you evaluate the specialists?
|Seller question||Buyer answer|
|1. Can we not answer the selection criteria if mentioned in resume?||Yes - as long as this is addressed in the resume.|
|2. Hi, How many candidates can one company submit for this role? It is mentioned that 6 persons will be evaluated but can only attach 3 CVS||Yes that is correct, 6 will be evaluated altogether. However, each Seller can only submit a maximum of 3 candidates.|
|3. Could you please confirm the max daily rate that has been allowed for this role? This will help in determining the level of experience to align with this opportunity. Also, is this role open to PR holders or AUS Citizens only?||We will consider Australia Citizens only as they need to be able to obtain a security clearance. As the brief states, this is a Programme Director level position reporting to a General Manager, so therefore the candidate will have to possess all experience in the Essential Criteria and be very experienced in those areas.|
|4. How many direct reports will the Programme Director / Senior Programme Manager manage?||The role may have up to 6 reports. This may also include various/ multiple resources across the ICT area.|
Interested in this opportunity?
Before you can apply for this opportunity, you need to:
- Register to join the Marketplace.
- Submit a case study and pricing for Agile delivery and Governance and check your documents are up-to-date.
- Request an assessment of your case study for Agile delivery and Governance.