This opportunity is closed for applications.
The deadline was Wednesday 28 March 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Opportunity ID
- Deadline for asking questions
- Friday 23 March 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Closing date for applications
- Wednesday 28 March 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Wednesday 21 March 2018
Write a summary of your brief Actuaries Analysts with Actuarial qualifications needed for immediate start
What is the latest start date?
How long is the contract? Until 31/12/2019 (20 months), with possible extension
Where can the work take place?
New South Wales
Who will the specialist work for?
National Disability Insurance Agency
How much can you spend per day? APS4 equivalent
About the work
Who will the specialist work with? • Scheme Actuary
• Sustainability team – Actuarial and reporting
• NDIA Regional performance analysts
What will the specialist do? Assisting in the Office of the Scheme Actuary, delivering the Insights and Outcomes strategy.
The range of work includes:
• Development of outcomes indicators for NDIS participants
• Analysis and reporting of longitudinal outcomes data
• Analysis of participant satisfaction data
• Development and analysis of provider satisfaction and business sentiment measures
• Development of indicators and collection measures for integration of the NDIS with mainstream services
• Development of linkages and analysis of shared data between the NDIS and other agencies accessed by participants
Any additional relevant information? 1. Australian citizenship is desired, however candidates with a comprehensive Australian work history will be considered 2. You ma propose as many candidates are you feel appropriate. Due to system restrictions please consolidate your documents to three. 3. We are seeking to fill 6 roles 4. This is a labour hire arrangement, requiring resources for the team 5. All successful candidates will need the relevant Entry Level Check, which will be conducted by the NDIA.
Where will the work take place? Surry Hills, NSW
What are the working arrangements? face to face
Is security clearance required? Entry Level Checks will be initiated by NDIA and commencement is subject to the key personnel meeting the standard in relation to the Entry Level Check requirements
Additional terms and conditions
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate sellers’ technical competence.
Essential skills and experience
- Tertiary actuarial qualifications (only an exceptional non-actuarial candidate will be considered)
- Excellent statistical skills, with experience applying statistical methodology to the analysis of large datasets
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Excellent SAS programming skills and experience. SAS experience is desirable but not required
- There is no minimum length of experience required for the candidates
- Experience in data linkage, cleaning, and quality analysis
- Knowledge/experience with questionnaire design and validation, survey methodology, and psychology
- Experience in human services or disability
How sellers will be evaluated
How many specialists will you evaluate?
- Ability to work within the team and adapt quickly to a changing environment.
- Experience in building relationships both with internal and external stakeholders
- Positive contemporary attitude to people with disability
Area of expertise
Data science and management
How will you verify the specialist is right for the role?
- Work history
How will you evaluate the specialists?
|Seller question||Buyer answer|
|1. Q: is this open to permanent resident ? How many roles ?||A: Yes, it is open to permanent residents. Seeking to fill 6 roles.|
|2. Q: Do we need to answer the selection criteria if already in resume ?||A; No, but please state "please refer to resume" when referring to selection criteria.|
|3. Q: Will you consider a part time candidate (working 4 days, Monday-Wednesday and Friday, full days)? The candidate has requested to work Saturdays if approved.||A: Yes, for the right candidate|
|4. Q: What is the normal salary range of a APS 4 ?||A: Please refer to the NDIA enterprise agreement on the NDIA webstie|
|5. Q: How many candidates can we submit||A: You may propose as many specialists for our consideration as you feel appropriate. Due to system restrictions only three attachments are possible per response. The solution we propose is to merge your multiple documents into no more than three pdf files and attach to your response.|
|6. Q: Can you please confirm the pay rate for this position? the description reads: PS4 equivalent which varies from agency to agency and is generally very low - it would be impossible to find this type of resource at this type of rate. Thank you||A: The rate of pay is equivalent to an APS4 position.|
|7. Q: how many candidates can we submit ? How many roles available||A: You can submit as many candidates as appropriate. There are 6 roles available.|
|8. Q: This is a very low rate of pay given the qualifications you are asking for and the fact that it is labour hire, are you fixed on the APS4 equivalent rates?||A: We have received the go a head for APS4, APS5, and APS6 equivalent pay rates.|
Interested in this opportunity?
Before you can apply for this opportunity, you need to:
- Register to join the Marketplace.
- Submit a case study and pricing for Data science and check your documents are up-to-date.
- Request an assessment of your case study for Data science.