This opportunity is closed for applications.
The deadline was Wednesday 21 March 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Opportunity ID
- Deadline for asking questions
- Friday 16 March 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Closing date for applications
- Wednesday 21 March 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Wednesday 14 March 2018
Write a summary of your brief You will be working with a multidisciplinary team to help to understand the overall service opportunity and transition from current state to an improved service, using service design techniques. Working collaboratively in the design process to ensure that user needs are understood and considered in decisions the team is making.
What is the latest start date?
4 April 2018
How long is the contract? Contract up to 30 June 2018 with the option to extend by up to 6 months.
Where can the work take place?
New South Wales
Who will the specialist work for?
Digital Transformation Agency
How much can you spend per day?
About the work
Who will the specialist work with? You will be working in a team comprising of a delivery manager, product manager, user researcher, technical lead, developers, business analysts, content designer and an interaction designer.
What will the specialist do? The service designer will have extensive experience working in Agile and, ideally, experience with the Commonwealth Digital Service Standard.The service designer will create and test hypotheses about user behaviour by using analytics, observing real users and acting on the results. You will be familiar with leading contextual user research, as well as leading co-creation workshops, idea generation, prototyping and blueprinting service solutions.
Any additional relevant information? The service designer will work in a multidisciplinary team to build world class government digital services. You will be helping government do the hard work to radically improve government information and services. This is for everyone: you will design to make services easy for everyone to be able to understand and use, with a focus on web standards, usability and accessibility. The service designer will have extensive experience working in Agile and, ideally, experience with the Commonwealth Digital Service Standard.
The service designer will create and test hypotheses about user behaviour by using analytics, observing real users and acting on the results. You will be familiar with leading contextual user research, as well as leading co-creation workshops, idea generation, prototyping and blueprinting service solutions.
Where will the work take place? Sydney, NSW
What are the working arrangements? Working onsite full time, 5 days per week.
Is security clearance required? Current Commonwealth Government baseline security clearance is required.
Additional terms and conditions N/A
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate sellers’ technical competence.
Essential skills and experience
- Extensive experience in the design of digital services for large organisations and government
- Demonstrable experience working in a User Centred Design environment
- Demonstrated experience mapping complex service environments both as is and future state based on insights from user research
- Demonstrated experience planning, conducting, analysing and making recommendations on user research for delivery teams
- Demonstrated experience working on operational services
- Demonstrated experience presenting persuasively to senior stakeholders
- Minimum 5yrs experience required.
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Knowledge of the methodology used by the DTA, familiarity with the research and design community within DTA and the APS.
- Experience transforming government services.
How sellers will be evaluated
How many specialists will you evaluate?
- Promote a positive creative culture and help to build a strong design reputation for DTA
- Work at pace as part of an agile multi-disciplined team
Area of expertise
User research and design
How will you verify the specialist is right for the role?
How will you evaluate the specialists?
|Seller question||Buyer answer|
|1. Would you consider a permanent resident ?||Australian Citizens are preferred.|
|2. Do we need to address the selection criteria if experience is already clearly shown in resume ?||Yes, as this is part of our weighting in evaluation.|
|3. Would you consider a permanent resident ? Australian Citizens are preferred. Could you please confirm under what conditions PR would be considered . Would that make the hiring process longer ?||There are no specific conditions, it is considered on a case by case basis.|
Interested in this opportunity?
Before you can apply for this opportunity, you need to:
- Register to join the Marketplace.
- Submit a case study and pricing for User research and Design and check your documents are up-to-date.
- Request an assessment of your case study for User research and Design.