This opportunity is closed for applications.
The deadline was Tuesday 13 March 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Opportunity ID
- Deadline for asking questions
- Thursday 8 March 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Closing date for applications
- Tuesday 13 March 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Tuesday 6 March 2018
Write a summary of your brief The Engagement Lead will build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders. Stakeholders from both government and industry. You will coordinate engagement and manage stakeholder issues.
What is the latest start date?
How long is the contract? Up to 30 June 2018
Where can the work take place?
Australian Capital Territory
Who will the specialist work for?
Digital Transformation Agency
How much can you spend per day?
About the work
Who will the specialist work with? The Engagement Lead will build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders. Stakeholders from both government and industry. You will coordinate engagement and manage stakeholder issues.
What will the specialist do? The Engagement Lead will lead stakeholder engagement to help implement key recommendations from the ICT Procurement Taskforce report. You will play a key role involving ICT industry sellers and government buyers in the implementation of the ICT procurement transformation, ensuring they are part of the conversation every step of the way.
The position involves working with industry and government to drive outcomes. You will use agile methodology and stakeholder engagement approaches. This means delivering at pace, being open to changing approaches and taking an appropriate attitude to risk.
Any additional relevant information? As the Engagement Lead, you will be required to:
- Build productive relationships and networks with stakeholders and develop stakeholder engagement strategies. These strategies will drive the outcomes and priorities of the branch including making it easier to do business with government and driving better outcomes for SME.
- Engage with a range of government stakeholders on complex procurement related issues.
- Lead effective engagement activities with stakeholders to identify issues. Manage stakeholder forums, co-design workshops, meetings, roundtables, trade shows and special events.
- Use judgement to address issues and recommend approaches.
- Assess engagement practices to prepare strategies for continuous improvement of engagement.
- Take a constructively critical and learning based approach to identifying opportunities and risks.
Where will the work take place? Canberra, ACT
What are the working arrangements? The Engagement Lead will build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders. Stakeholders from both government and industry. You will coordinate engagement and manage stakeholder issues.
Is security clearance required? Minimum baseline clearance or ability to obtain one.
Additional terms and conditions N/A
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate sellers’ technical competence.
Essential skills and experience
- Wide-ranging experience in applying engagement principles, practices and evaluation methods in a practical setting.
- Strong understanding and experience of industry accepted engagement principles and practices that you can call upon in everyday situations.
- Strong understanding of the complementary approaches of strategic communications and engagement and how they intersect to drive outcomes for the branch.
- Understanding of how government engages with industry, especially Small to Medium Enterprises and an ability to use this understanding to improve engagement.
- Experience in IT or procurement.
Nice-to-have skills and experience
Ability to work as part of a team or on own initiative.
How sellers will be evaluated
How many specialists will you evaluate?
- Promote a positive creative culture and help to build a strong design reputation for DTA
- Work at pace as part of an agile team
Area of expertise
Marketing, communications and engagement
How will you verify the specialist is right for the role?
How will you evaluate the specialists?
|Seller question||Buyer answer|
|1. Is there any possible extensions with this role?||Not at this point in time.|
Interested in this opportunity?
Before you can apply for this opportunity, you need to:
- Register to join the Marketplace.
- Submit a case study and pricing for Marketing, Communications and Engagement and check your documents are up-to-date.
- Request an assessment of your case study for Marketing, Communications and Engagement.