This opportunity is closed for applications.
The deadline was Tuesday 27 March 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Opportunity ID
- Deadline for asking questions
- Tuesday 20 March 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Closing date for applications
- Tuesday 27 March 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Tuesday 13 March 2018
Write a summary of your brief The Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA) is seeking an experienced Solutions Architect to deliver a number of key business outcomes within our Vessel Operations business.
What is the latest start date?
Within 2-4 weeks
How long is the contract? 12 months with a possible option exercisable by AMSA to extend for a further 6-12 months.
Where can the work take place?
Australian Capital Territory
Who will the specialist work for?
Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA)
How much can you spend per day?
About the work
Who will the specialist work with? You will report to the Enterprise Architect and the role will see you engage, negotiate and coordinate outcomes with a number of internal and external business and technical stakeholders and vendors to design & support delivery of IT solutions .
What will the specialist do? The Solutions Architect will be required to oversee, design and deliver the solution as guided by the Enterprise Architect and work with multiple vendors to ensure that the end-to-end solutions meet the needs of the business and that the architecture is adhered to through the build, test and deployment phases.
Any additional relevant information?
Where will the work take place? AMSA Head Office
What are the working arrangements? This role is full time (40 hours per week), working with the AMSA ITS team on site.
Is security clearance required? No security clearance is required, however applicants must be Australian citizens.
Additional terms and conditions
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate sellers’ technical competence.
Essential skills and experience
- Proven experience in delivery of complex enterprise-level integrated solutions and projects.
- Proven experience designing and developing complex and large-scale systems, from concept through production implementation.
- Strong technical knowledge of Microsoft technologies including Office 365, Dynamics, Dynamics Portal and Azure (ASE, ASB).
- Strong experience in the detailed design of secure infrastructure and networking implementations within a hybrid network.
- Strong technical architecture experience and applied knowledge of the Australian Government Protective Security Policy Framework (PSPF) and Information Security Manual (ISM)
- Experience and applied knowledge in data migration.
- Excellent technical management and mentoring skills
- Excellent oral and written communication, presenting, meeting facilitation, negotiation, decision making and problem solving skills.
Nice-to-have skills and experience
How sellers will be evaluated
How many specialists will you evaluate?
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence contributions from people from a diverse range of business areas
- Well developed written and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work within a team environment
Area of expertise
Software engineering and development
How will you verify the specialist is right for the role?
- Work history
- Scenario or test
How will you evaluate the specialists?
|Seller question||Buyer answer|
|1. Can this be done from Sydney ?||No - this work is to be done in Canberra at the AMSA office.|
|2. Our candidate is a very experienced Solution Architect (13 years as an Architect, with NV1) who is well-versed in MS Technologies such as application servers, DB servers and databases, security infrastructure and so on, but to a lesser extent with products such as Office, Dynamics. Would you consider someone like this?||Yes. The Office 365 and Dynamics technologies will be supported by the solution architect of our service delivery partner - this role will need to take the lead on ensuring the integration of these and internally managed solutions. This architect must be skilled in the implementation of secure applications and networking of cloud hosed Azure technologies stacks and integrating them with on premise applications|
|3. Are you considering using DDD?||Please clarify what you mean by DDD|
|4. Are you moving to Cloud PAS or staying with cloud VMs?||We will have a mixture of both|
|5. How much infrastructure knowledge do you need for this role?||The resource should have practical knowledge on the design and implementation of hybrid solutions including the use of PaaS, SaaS, IaaS and on premise. This includes knowledge on the design of systems/infrastructure to support high available and cross data centre applications. This role will not be performing the implementation however will need to liaise and document these components in the designs for delivery teams to implement.|
|6. How much security knowledge do you need for this role?||The resource should have practical knowledge on the design and implementation of secure government solutions. This includes secure protocols/networking/infrastructure, SSL certificates, authentication and authorisation using Active Directory/ADFS/2FA etc. This role will not be performing the implementation however will need to liaise and document these components in the designs for delivery teams to implement.|
Interested in this opportunity?
Before you can apply for this opportunity, you need to:
- Register to join the Marketplace.
- Submit a case study and pricing for Software engineering and Development and check your documents are up-to-date.
- Request an assessment of your case study for Software engineering and Development.