Only invited sellers can apply for an 'Open to one' or 'Open to selected' opportunity.
Learn more about Open to selected opportunities.Sign in to continue
This opportunity is closed for applications.
The deadline was Thursday 26 April 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Opportunity ID
- Deadline for asking questions
- Monday 23 April 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Closing date for applications
- Thursday 26 April 2018 at 6PM (in Canberra)
- Thursday 19 April 2018
Write a summary of your brief A service provider is required to provide procurement, installation, management, support, optimisation, and reporting of a suite of analytical tools and open source software as described in the attached schedule, that will be operating on and interacting with a SAS Analytics platform, and various other connected systems.
What is the latest start date?
4 May 2018
How long is the contract? 12 months
Where can the work take place?
New South Wales
Who will the specialist work for?
National Disability Insurance Agency
Budget range $150K - $399K. Evaluation will compare value-for-money proposition in selection.
About the work
Why is the work being done? The NDIA Enterprise Analytics Platform is a critical capability required to successfully deliver the NDIS into full scheme by 2020. The Scheme Actuary will utilise this capability to deliver required objectives. The suite of analytical tools and open source software described in this document are required to enable the Scheme Actuary to perform required analysis on the NDIA Enterprise Analytics Platform.
The suite of analytical tools and open source software is to be managed and supported by a service provider exterior to the Scheme Actuary.
This document is to provide the guidelines and requirements that the Scheme Actuary will require of any service provider engaged by the OCIO, to support the analytical tools and open source software that will operate on and interact with the NDIA Enterprise Analytics Platform.
What's the key problem you need to solve? The Scheme Actuary currently utilises a variety of analytics tools to deliver information on behalf of the NDIS. Access to a broader range of functions and tools will support the Scheme Actuary to deliver information to the enterprise.
The Scheme Actuary does not have the capacity to procure, manage, and support the analytical tools and open source software that will operate on and interact with the NDIA Enterprise Analytics Platform.
Describe the users and their needs As a User of the specified analytical tools and open source software that will operate on and interact with the NDIA Enterprise Analytics Platform, NDIA need to have reliable, robust, and informed access to the analytical tools and open source software, so that NDIA can deliver informed, accurate, and timely information to the enterprise.
What work has already been done? The NDIA Enterprise Analytics Platform has been configured and built by our strategic partners, up to and including hardware and operating system. The SAS software and configuration to the operating system is currently in progress and is expected to be completed by 20th April 2018.
Who will the work be done with? You’ll be working with our Scheme Actuaries Data Manager, SAS support team, and DHS support team who will need to be involved in the triage and resolution of an issue if necessary.
Any additional relevant information? Providing operating system, hardware support is out of scope of this agreement and you will be required to work with our partner organisation Department of Human Services.
There is a requirement for this agreement to provide subscription based licensing and support for additional tools that will be used in the platform. Again the support for these tools is at a software level and does not include operating system or hardware support.
The following tools require subscription based licensing to be provided over the period of the contract (on premise)
Vendor Software Version - Licence Level or Version Comment
Atlassian Bamboo Data Centre – 10 remote agents Annual licence renewal model
Atlassian Jira Software Data Centre – up to 100 users Annual licence renewal model
Atlassian Bitbucket Data Centre – up to 100 users Annual licence renewal model
Atlassian Crucible Data Centre – up to 100 users Annual licence renewal model
AutoTestingTools Software and Services Pty Ltd
- Via Atlassian Marketplace Fitnesse Plugin Annual licence renewal model
The following list will be supported, however does not have any license requirements.
Software Function Official Site
DBFit (FitNesse) Database test tools dbfit.github.io/dbfit
Jenkins Automation server Jenkins.io
What phase is the work in?
Where will the work take place? As the NDIA Scheme Actuary offices are in Sydney, we would expect there will be an accessible service provider resource located at the Scheme Actuary offices in Sydney.
280-300 Elizabeth Street, Surry Hills.
What are the working arrangements? As part of this RFQ, the NDIA is asking the respondent to propose the optimal working arrangements.
Issues should generally be able to be resolved remotely. Some issues may require attendance on-site in Surry Hills.
There may be a requirement for attendance at project support meetings.
Is security clearance required? Baseline Security Clearance.
Additional terms and conditions The respondent will be responsible for any associated travel expenses to mobilise resources to work at the NDIA premises in Sydney. If any interstate travel is required, the respondent will follow existing agency guidelines and policies which include obtaining prior approval for expenses and the Agency reimbursing them.
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate sellers’ technical competence.
Essential skills and experience
- Demonstrated experience in providing support for an “enterprise analytics platform” in a commercial environment. Including SAS Visual Analytics , SAS (Grid & Viya), Python, R and other listed applications within this document.
- Demonstrated experience in automation of common tasks within the SAS platform.
- Demonstrated experience in Analytics application monitoring.
- Demonstrated experience in support and configuration of end to end continuous integration processes.
- Demonstrated experience in providing architectural advice and implementation of a complex security model within the SAS software.
- Demonstrated experience with analytics products deployed on Linux.
- Demonstrated experience in configuring and supporting auditing capabilities within the SAS platforms
- Demonstrated experience in configuring and supporting licensed SAS components listed within this document
- Demonstrated experience in supporting clients to achieve their associated business outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience in working with client and other external ICT providers to deliver a seamless service to the business.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting and configuring “DevOps” tools and workflows. Including Atlassian (BitBucket, Jira, Bamboo), Jenkins.
- Liaise with product vendor technical support.
Nice-to-have skills and experience
How sellers will be evaluated
How many shortlisted sellers will you evaluate?
- Technical Solution
- Approach and Methodology
- Team Structure
- Value for Money
Cultural fit criteria
- Work as a team with our organisation and other suppliers
- Have an internal structure that provides assurance of "sufficient coverage" to ensure continuity of service in the event of unexepected or planned leave.
- Written proposal
- Work history
No questions have been asked or answered yet.