About the Digital Marketplace
On this page
What this service does
The Digital Marketplace is a digital government service. It is comprised of a:
- procurement panel (SON3413842) compliant with Commonwealth Procurement Rules
- website with seller catalogue and government opportunities
This panel was established through an open approach to market by the Digital Transformation Agency. It complies with the requirements of conducting an open tender. All panel members have accepted our Master Agreement. You can also download the Master Agreement as a PDF (PDF 229KB).
- find sellers on the panel using the seller catalogue
- invite new sellers to join at any time
- hire a digital specialist
- publish a digital outcome opportunity (for example, a multi-million dollar website project)
- publish a training opportunity to build your team's digital capability
- download responses and award contracts through the Marketplace
- view and respond to opportunities published on the Marketplace
- Sign up at any time and offer new services to government
- request assessment to offer services on the panel
Who can be a buyer?
Buyers are from local, state, territory or federal government. Commonwealth corporate entities (CCE’s) can also use the Marketplace, for example, the ABC, the National Museum of Australia and most universities.
If you have an email address ending in .gov.au you can create a buyer account. If you work in government but your email is different, send an account request to email@example.com
Who can be a seller?
Sellers of digital products or services can join the Digital Marketplace at anytime. The Marketplace is the only procurement panel that is online and open 24/7.
Advice and support
Sellers can find guidance:
- in the seller guide — a step by step guide on how to join and apply for opportunities
Buyers can find guidance:
- in the buyer guide — a step by step online guide
- by requesting a demo — we'll come and show you how the service works in person
- by contacting the Marketplace — buyers can learn how to structure, write and assess opportunities. We can also provide technical sourcing advice to help you find the right seller for your needs.